Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT

NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22361

Hi everyone and happy new year. I am a new member and am making first post to main forum. I was trying to return to my past or enter my third childhood by obtaining a 1960? owens 14' with fins like I use to own. I ended up finding and buying a 1958 FLYING SCOTT which I had found close by.
I never heard of a FLYING SCOTT until I found this one and did some research. Seems to be in great shape and was still owned by original buyer.
Used on lakes so no salt water corrosion. I have a bunch of pictures If someone would like me to post them. Not sure how many I could post or on what forum. I also need to decide if my heart is really in restoring this boat to as near to original as possible. "Unfortunately" I am a perfectionist and know that I cannot do anything half-ass. I assume this is a collectable boat but it was not on my must have list but I could not pass up anything this classic looking. Just want to say hi and express my thanks for the existence of Fiberglassics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22362

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome to FG, 5s. We'd love to see some pics of your "new" Flying Scott. Here's a link in the support section you may find helpful in posting pics;
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/support/how-to-post-pictures#22256
Let 'em rip! ;)

Mark

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22363

great user name....shoo doop shoobe doo

Re: NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22375

Can't wait to see the pictures

Re: NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22379

I have a 58 20ft Owens that was in a shed for 40 yrs that I just finished. it's in the merc section under 58 Mark78. Welcome Aboard.

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22440

Hi and welcome. The Flying Scotts were pretty unique designs, hope you can get some pics posted. I collect big Scott/McCulloch outboards, parts and memorabilia, 40-75 hp, but never had one of the boats. I see from your profile you are in Fairfield; we live not far in Brookfield, near Candlewood Lake. Maybe we can get together sometime...I'd like to see your boat in person. I am recovering from a lung transplant 2 months ago, and actually starting to feel human again, a damn miracle. I had sold our all original Aristo Craft Funliner when I was really sick, but the buyer (a friend) never picked it up, regrets the impulse purchase, and I'm sure would like me to buy it back! Its nuts, but it still sits in my garage pretty much ready to go. So we'll see what happens, really a question of justifying the $ to repurchase.

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22448

thanks, I am working on resizing pictures using paint program

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22449

vuyosevich....shoo doop to you to. I grew up in New Haven, hometime of the 5 Satins.

Re: NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22450

pacificmariner I will soon be posting pics,

Re: NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22451

joenawlins....thanks, looks like you spent more than just a few hours restoring your owens, looks great.

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22452

bobelgin...I have some friends up Candlewood. Candlewood shores and sunset cove.
Has "down the hatch" gone bankrupt due to your health??? better new year to you. Once the dust settles we can try to hook up.

Re:NEW MEMBER-NEW BOAT - FLYING SCOTT 13 years 9 months ago #22453

bobelgin...I have some friends up Candlewood. Candlewood shores and sunset cove.
Has "down the hatch" gone bankrupt due to your health??? better new year to you. Once the dust settles we can try to hook up.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6560 guests and no members online