Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ...And it's only $25,000.00 !!

...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22084

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22086

OK, REALLY????????????????? I guess if your going to dream, dream BIG!

Bob

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22088

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Could I take it for an 11 year test drive then get back to you?
Holy cow!!
Neil
Happy Holidays

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22089

Ya think he might wash the hull before I hand him my pennys? :silly:

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22090

HOLY SMOKES!!! I don't know what this guy has been smoking but I want some! If that thing is worth that kind of money than my boat is worth at least $50,000.00. Any takers out there? :P
Attachments:

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22091

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Am I mistaken, or aren't those OMC Cobra drives?

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22092

Kerry wrote:

Am I mistaken, or aren't those OMC Cobra drives?

Nope you aren't mistaken those are Cobras, definitely not original to the boat if it's a 1962, but maybe you have unlocked the reason it's worth 25k.....or not.

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22096

It's not My kind of boat./

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22098

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
$25,000, Like winning the lotto.
Nice boat Bob, Mike

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22100

He says he has a deal pending.
Perhaps the joke's on us.

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22105

$25,000 for a solid Bertram in good shape really isn't that far off the mark. Early Bertrams draw a premium, both for collectible/nostalgia value and by the fact that very few other brands were built like them... You'd be hard pressed to find a modern boat of similar style that rode as nicely or as fast with similar power. Dick Bertram was way ahead of his time...

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22106

Actually Chinewalker is not too far off the mark. Bertram yachts has a supurb reputation for building premium offshore boats. They were not designed to impress with fancy styling nor do they have fins but they were designed to go offshore and bring you back home safely and in comfort. They were designed as no nonsense boats for the ocean. The Bertram 25's larger cousin the Bertram 31 is a highly sought after sportfishing boat that can bring several hundred thousand dollars restored and or in good original condition. Larger Bertram Yachts can bring prices in the millions of dollars. Brian

Note; One thing I will agree with is that he should have at least taken the time to compound and polish the hull, put on a fresh coat of bottom paint and cleaned up the boat a bit before photographing it and trying to get $25,000. for it.
BERTRAM 31
Admired for its clean classic lines and remarkable seakeeping ability,
these boats are highly sought after and bring premium prices.
Attachments:

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22109

1962 is also the first year of production. $25K is actually not a bad price. I have a couple of friends with Bertram 20s. They could get at least 15K for those and they are not pristine.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22113

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Wow, and I thought Whalers bring premiums. Whalers are cheap compared to that!

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22115

Maybe it has been insured heavily with the hopes of it being appreciated by someone with a truck.

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22119

I got a friend to go look at this boat in TO. This is an old posting that has been relisted in a couple of places. The owner of this "prize" stated that the engines could not be started due to the high cost of having them winterized. He wouldnot let anyone into the boat to check out any of it because it is too pretine inside to touch. He also stated no photos to be taken of the boat without his express permission. From what my friend could see the port outdrive has a crack in it above the prop on the hull side and the transom is not the staightest. The hull is all cracked on the bottom also. In total my friend who has been into boats for about 50 yrs said it is not a good buy. I lived in TO. for many yrs and had 3 different lake boats there and it is common to see these boat up there and to be honest not many are in great shape.

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22121

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
boatsnmotors wrote:

Actually Chinewalker is not too far off the mark. Bertram yachts has a supurb reputation for building premium offshore boats. They were not designed to impress with fancy styling nor do they have fins but they were designed to go offshore and bring you back home safely and in comfort. They were designed as no nonsense boats for the ocean. The Bertram 25's larger cousin the Bertram 31 is a highly sought after sportfishing boat that can bring several hundred thousand dollars restored and or in good original condition. Larger Bertram Yachts can bring prices in the millions of dollars. Brian

BERTRAM 31
Admired for its clean classic lines and remarkable seakeeping ability,
these boats are highly sought after and bring premium prices.

Pretty much spot on. These are bad azz fishing machines built like a tank with first class hardware top to bottom. The TO boat is not worth what he had it listed for. The Baby Bertram 28' FB with all updated electronics and rebuilt engines from the mid 70's may fetch that asking price. The 31 posted here from the same years, refurbished,sell for 45 to 100 all day long.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22128

The old bertrams are legendary, and many owners still swear by them. Here in the mid-atlantic,they are plentiful. If they need work, especially engines, then they tend to go relatively cheap - relatively. However, they do get far more for them than more ordinary boats. Nicely restored ones, especially the 31, then the 28, tend to bring good money, especially with diesels. The 25 is very popular, and they can be had for far less than 25k if they need work- more like 8k or so if they need a total rework. Even 28s and 31s can be found for reasonable now and then.
They were popular because they were one of the first boats with truly deep vees. The early boats used a constant deadrise at 22 degrees. The 28 came along with a variable deadrise starting at 23 degrees. Needless to say, between their heavy construction and deep vees, they rode well in a chop. But since, many offshore boats have been made with similar and even deeper vees, but the bertrams were among the first. From the number of them still around, the legendary Bertrams will likely still be around for a long, long time.

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22145

I guess I learned a bit about a make I didn't know anything about! However that boat is UGLY, the seller has made no attempt to clean it, the drives are not original (I suspect the originals were Volvos) one of the pics clearly shows heavy cracking of the gelcoat, and he shows no pics of this purportedly "pristine" interior (I suspect it looks just as nice as the exterior!). When I fist spotted it I figured he had just made an error in typing the price figuring he meant $2500.00 but after reading the ad I realized he really wants 25k. I wish him luck but my personal opinion is that he will be hard pressed to get over 8k (bet it needs 20k in work to be nice) if he isn't willing to run the engines and show off the insides. There is another of these boats (69 model)listed for sale with 6cly Mercs in what looks to be similar condition for $7000.00 which seems a lot more realistic. On the other had there are 2 beautifully restored ones with diesel power for $275,000 each also listed!
Al

Re:...And it's only $25,000.00 !! 13 years 9 months ago #22255

Quote from the ad: "You will not find this collectors item (1st. year built / excellent condition / boathouse kept ) anywhere at this price & in this condition."

Perhaps because nobody else on the Earth would dream of asking 25K for an ugly used-up tuna boat? Need I say more?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6475 guests and no members online