Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 76 johnson 135 hp airsilencer and choke solenoid

76 johnson 135 hp airsilencer and choke solenoid 13 years 9 months ago #21888

i have found 3 air silencers for my motor the first the one it came wiyh would not allow cables to mount,the secound fixs cable problem but choke solenoid mounts on top (choke linkage pulls down)according to manuel it is suppose to mount on motor under linkage the third silencer i just bought off ebay it looks like solenoid mounts about mid way on silencer but looks like it has the strieght linkage set up i cant install yet were in the middle of rain storms the model num is 135643d i noticed in the manuels ive read or downloaded theres 2 1976 135 style motors one has like a oblong cover, the other is like a diamond shape thats the one i have also the reason i bring up the question is the best canadate out of the silencers i have the newest one says 74 115 hp on it thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:76 johnson 135 hp airsilencer and choke solenoid 13 years 9 months ago #21896

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi OM, nice looking cruiser you have there. This post probably should have gone in the JEGO section, maybe one of the moderators will move it over there for you. ;)

The factory website can be helpful with stuff like that, have you checked it out?
shop2.evinrude.com/Index.aspx?s1=t4t0fv7st8ce967osvt3h63r32&catalog_id=0&siteid=1
It does not list a 135 under Johnson for 1976, looks like 75 was the last year. (Evinrude shows one that year tho...?) I think what you have posted is the serial number, the model number should be on the plate right beside it and look like this:

135ESL75E

Share some pics of your project with us when you get a chance, we'd love to see 'em.

Mark

Re:76 johnson 135 hp airsilencer and choke solenoid 13 years 9 months ago #22077

the tag said model num 135643d ser num jooo13xx (the x are num didnt know if i should put that info out there i just recieved a parts manuel and it seems to be correct as far as parts wise and it is a 1976 135 h.p. it reflects the model numbers 135el76 and 135etl76

Re:76 johnson 135 hp airsilencer and choke solenoid 13 years 9 months ago #22332

thank you for your infoi guess i should check back more often i bought a mabual and prts list off ebay just got them today i posted some pics.on my profile im just starting to learn how to navegate this site thanks again ,
wayne

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6509 guests and no members online