Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth?

Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21083

• stashm2
  • stashm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok so Just curious, What is the best method to cut up an old hull if I cant find anyone who wants it. I Plan to try giving it away in the spring but if it doesnt go whats the best method to cut it up.
its an ugly 1969 Renken 18. Sawzall? Chain saw? circular saw? other?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21085

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Also if anyone is interested in any parts from it they will be up for grabs if it doesnt go and I cut it up, Its located in western NY at the moment so I cant get any pictures of parts right away, just what I took when I was last out there.

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21089

No easy way Jesse. What I do with them is strip them right down, take them to a landfill, lever it off the trailer, pay the man, and go home. Nothing else is worth it in my book.

Frank

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21093

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cut it up with a Saw Zall then throw away the small chuncks over time.

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21095

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ive used my chainsaw to dispose of unwanted hulls. Works good! You will have to sharpen your chain when you get done though and it makes a huge mess! But its fun!
Attachments:

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21096

PC1000 wrote:

No easy way Jesse. What I do with them is strip them right down, take them to a landfill, lever it off the trailer, pay the man, and go home. Nothing else is worth it in my book.

Frank

+1

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21098

Thanks Peter. The basic problem with cutting them apart in any way is make sure you're skin is well protected and you have the best mask on $ can buy. It's one messy job. Not worth it in my book, but I may have already mentioned that... :)

Good luck!

Frank

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21099

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
You may want to put a post in the Renken forum on iboats and see if anyone is looking for parts.If somone did that on the MFG forum people would be all over it. Niagara county has a landfill that charges by the ton, can find out more info if you need it.Or put it on Craigs,,, if it's free it's for me mantra will draw somone to that beauty.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21100

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
First thought was Craigslist, but you need the time to show it to all the folks that reply. [tire kickers, and societies' finest citizens] The more parts you leave on, the better chance to give the hull away. -- looks like the windshield is intact?

I had an old one that didnt even have good glass. only logical choice was to pay to get rid of it. I bought it for a motor and good trailer, and with the deal I got, i didnt mind paying to scrap the hull. Probably spent too much, as the floor was waterlogged and hull tipped the scales higher than I figured.

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21101

I agree cutting it up just ain't worth the hassle. The last one I had to get rid of was a 14' Larson that was just junk. I bought it for the motor and trailer so the boat had to go. I took it to the local landfill undid the tie downs backed up quickly, slammed on the brakes and watched it fly!! Only cost $35.00 so well worth it.
Al

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21102

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
strip it then take it to the dump, I had to pay 60 mininum. so I took 2, put one inside of the other so I fealt I was getting a deal,didn't like Meteors anyway,,just joking ,Bill

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21105

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I cut up a 24 foot Fiberform cabin cruiser. Ouch
Chainsaw, circular saw, Sawsall, four inch angle grinder, axe, and a sledgehammer.
Used some vulgarities that I have not heard in years. ;)
If cutting it up is the last option for getting rid of it, there is just no easy way. Its just dirty work.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21106

front end loader........
Attachments:

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21110

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL! Thats awesome!! That looks like way more fun than my chainsaw!!

vuyosevich wrote:

front end loader........

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21118

I've got a track loader - if you were closer we'd make it fit in a footlocker in about 15 minutes!

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21121

Here's a 21' cuddies death

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21123

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Call Discovery Channel and get that guy From the Dirty Jobs Show ..Mike Row I think his name is ....He is selling Ford Trucks now to .. Maybe he can drag the remains away and show the Power of a Super Duty ...L.O.L...

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21129

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL all good input if it were home in albany I would make quick work of it with the front end loader. But its in Ontario Center NY. It is all intact as far as parts winsheild is good and hardware are all there I only took the motor and controlls. I will put it on CL and look for the Renken Fourum on Iboats. if no luck I will take it to the dump or have a go at it with the tools of demolition... Thank you all for the input. if any one has use for any parts keep it in mind ;-)
Comes with a fabulous trailer.... no winch one broken spring and a flat tire lol.... I think CL for free is the key, wash it make it look good and send it on its way! floor and transom seem solid on it and I have papers for both boat and trailer so that should help on the CL for free.
Thank you all
Jesse

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21137

I had to cut one up last summer...I wouldn't be jumping in line to do it again.

There is a demolition derby in Holland where they drag the boats around the race track. I found out about it too late for that one, but it might be something to consider.

I personally don't think you'll have a hard time getting rid of it for free though, especially with a good title.

Some would buy it just for the title.

Dave...in Sunny Buffalo

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21175

If it was within 50 miles from home I would take it, but then I a real sucker for free

Re:Looking to spring, Death and Distruction Rebirth? 13 years 9 months ago #21194

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL Me too but I am learning to say NO! I just wanted the engine to play with and it was next to my good friends house so...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7617 guests and no members online