• Page:

TOPIC: So sad but Not to bad

So sad but Not to bad 13 years 10 months ago #20883

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Classic fiberglass boats,i got hook on it about 5yrs ago with in that 5yrs i really enjoy what i do such as restoring them and driving in them most of all i enjoy being on this forum to share what i do for my hobby.Today i sold my u-2 in a priming stage.Already i miss the boat but in a return i got $5000 for it as is where is.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: So sad but Not to bad 13 years 10 months ago #20884

Wow!
Good for you!

Re: So sad but Not to bad 13 years 10 months ago #20885

• commander
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
It is not what i did or do to bring the value up in a boat.But being on fiberglassic the boat is knowing world wide that is what sale her.

Re: So sad but Not to bad 13 years 10 months ago #20886

• billr
Well since you're sad but not too sad, here's one of the fiberglassics you rescued.
I bought her then sold her to a gal back in eastern WA who was building a shelter to keep her in.
Boy what a nice boat, but with all that woodwork up here she needed true indoor storage.
This gives an example of Commander's level of finish on his projects.
Enjoy, these pics ought to bring smiles to a few faces.
Attachments:

Re: So sad but Not to bad 13 years 10 months ago #20887

• commander
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Man,you guys bring tears to my eyes.I know moneys come and go but the joy of being here on Fiberglassic worth the the six pack after the the guy pay me.I hope no one else post all of the boat that i had restore or else i have to get a 12 pack to cry some more. :( :( :(

Re: So sad but Not to bad 13 years 10 months ago #20888

• billr
Yeah, pic posted are before and the day I got her from you. I didn't post the pics of her when I put the Brand New Merc Opti Max on her.
I'd need a 12 pack too.
I was out on my Skagit at the gravel beach in October here, and when I stepped on my gelcoated floor I told everyone I would have wrecked your Dorsett in 5 minutes so I did the right thing getting her to her present owner.

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20902

Hey Commander

It looks like you now have time to do a Skagit?

I am sure the members would love to see anouther Skagit project and I have a couple of fat fifty's looking for just the right boat to hang off.

Skagit Skagit Skagit

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20903

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Commander wrote;

most of all i enjoy being on this forum to share what i do for my hobby.

And we're VERY glad you do share your work with us. If there were a "Hall of Fame" or Elite Rebuilder/Restorer list, you would definitely be one of the very small handful of folks that belong, IMHO. With your woodwork like BillR shared here, I'd make everyone take their shoes off before boarding. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Mark

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20904

Hear Hear Mark. I second that one. The woodwork is outstanding and I aspire to be that good on my next project, whenever that is.

Bob

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20910

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Commander ... Its a Butterfly Effect ..Last summer I was just looking at old boats on the net randomly ..I came accross a Pic of a Delmar sitting at a dock with 2 little kids in it .The boat was so cool .I had never seen one before and thought I need one of those to take my Grand Kids out in .While searching for info on Delmars I came accross this site . I really enjoy this site . No one fights or Argues . Just a Great group of guys .One guy I met ..Neil ..Offered to tow a Delmar from Idaho to Wyoming .He was going there to buy a truck .I live in Wisconsin and Delmars are VERY RARE here .So I said what the heck and agreeded to make the almost 2000 mile round trip .Neils Truck deal fell threw but he still met me there to deliver the boat .What I gave him for it Probaully didnt pay for his gas ..Now thats a Good Man .. A man of his word .So I got my Delmar .Its gonna be towed by a 56 Chevy step side truck Im retoring .Whats my point ?? Well if you had never restored that little Delmar Ild have never seen it .If I had never seen it I wouldnt have found this site and met some good people .I went threw a Divorce over a year ago when my Wife cheated with my best friend .Makes ya lose faith in people . Seeing the good folks on here and the way they help each other has kinda helped restore some of that faith . So Thank You and the rest of the Crew here !!!

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20919

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Wow, you did real good....

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20921

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
bobo
Thank you for the kind words.
Commander
Fantastic woodwork. Better than showroom quality. Never stop. :)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20938

commander i put you as one of the bset restores there are,beautiful work.
bobo,we will always be here for each other buddy,if ya need me im here,my addy is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ,and that goes for anybody on this site.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20958

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks John and Neil ..Commander You did some beutiful work and great designs .That little Delmar was Fantastic inside how you laid it out and the paint design ..You just make them your own .

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20959

• commander
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
thank you,so much everyone to enjoy my work,I am no better then anyone.I too went threw a break up as right now the pain still sit where it left of 6yrs ago.We are all human we thanks God so much to have what is given to us,We see things ,we feel things ,we understand things,Most of all we can taste things,we taste what is good and what is bad.I too had taste my own tears,tears of joy,tears of happiness,tears of sadness.I thanks again to let me taste that pain that stay inside me forever.I guess in my life when something is really bad and i really want to make it nice,just something to keep me going and never gave up hope and that beauty is what i can create.I had found that my life is like an old ugly boat sitting there where no one want to touch or rescue,but i will i will do it myself.

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #20960

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Your outlook and craftsmanship bless many. You are home friend.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #21013

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Very well put Commander . Thank You ..Sometimes Bad things just happen to Good People .The storms of life just come .The should haves, could haves, would haves really dont matter .We all try to make the best choices with the knowledge and information we have at the time .One night I couldnt sleep . It was 3am .I watched out my bed room window . I could see lightning in the distance and it was getting closer each time it struck .Would it be just rain ?? Maybe a Tornado ?? We really dont know till it is past . I would either have a better Garden in the Morning or I would be left to pick up the pieces of what was left .But I realized the choice was not mine .It was nothing I did to make the storm come . They just do .
I started rebuilding my Old truck after my last storm .It was new once but then ultimatly was abandoned when used up by someone who couldnt see the value of it .Alot of the pieces were missing .As I find the pieces and repair it I know it will be something special again .As will the Delmar .As will I ...
Sorry for getting way off subject .

Re:So sad but Not to bad 13 years 9 months ago #21014

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The new owner did real good too. That boat is EXOTIC!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7835 guests and no members online