Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 17' Glasspar cruiser

17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 10 months ago #20859

I'm going out in the AM to look and perhaps bid on at a boat auction. The boat I'm looking at is a 1962 17' Glasspar cruiser. Anyone have any Glasspar experience? If so, are the stringers in the 62s wood or glass? Any other pointers appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 10 months ago #20861

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
R: Enjoy your outing. Assume this is in Texas.? Seen some nice boats in that region. Here is the pic of a 62 that we owned for a few years. YES, from 62 (maybe61) up in the OUTBOARD version thsy would be fiberGlass. INBOARD engine would have wood for heavier load support.

. Not to say you wont find a bad wood transom .? Calif & East coast seems to be a hot bed for Glasspar. Sedan one of sweet models.
See a nice one now in classifieds, just north of me in Knoxville , TENN if you get outbid.!

. PS if it got re-painted odd colors, I would offer very low, as they should be white lower. About a 4" whaling stripe down the side rub rail area. Maybe take a picture & report back .??

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 10 months ago #20864

Thanks! Just looked at it and your photo is a match, other than color. Who ever had it before painted it white wiht red deck and blue side trim. Looks like the reglassed the floor and perhaps replaced/repaired the transom. Last registered in 04...needs trim work etc. New captain type seats that feel very solid...I'll give it a try in the bidding wars...haha

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 9 months ago #20900

Seafair Sedans are great boats. Well worth the effort and time to bring them back and enjoy using them. Sitting headroom in the cabin of a 17 1/2 ft. boat and they ride great and cut the water beautifully. Lightweight, easy to maintain, inexpensive to opperate and easy to trailer. Perfect boat for emptynesters and weekend outings. B.
Attachments:

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 9 months ago #20905

B. Nice sales pitch, now you've got me thinking...

Bob

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 9 months ago #20908

Thanks waterwings, not hard selling something you really enjoy and believe in. Ive owned boats from 8 ft to 50 ft in my life time, and still own 9 boats today both vintage and modern, but the Sedan is the one I use the most. I have collected some nice boats over the years but its the sedan I go boating in. Brian
Attachments:

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 9 months ago #21457

We were back to Rhinebeck today on Route 9G. Got the big Christmas tree with my daughter and her boyfriend. LOL..he's the Army Ranger. Get this...I cut a 12' tree down. He picks up the tree, hoists it over his head like it was a twig and carries it stiff armed to the Jeep and sets it on top. I'm talking a 1/4 mile with his arms in the air and a 12' tree held up like it was a match stick. Ahh..youth.

Turns out BOTH boats I found are crusiers. Same exact ones as Split shows in the posts here. Definately have to stop in the spring and see what deals can be worked. Neither are being cared for now.

B

Re:17' Glasspar cruiser 13 years 9 months ago #21464

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I thought I just heard my name mentioned out on the front porch . My sister lived in Rhinebeck many years, & always went to the Dutchess county fair there. . I was thinking of you yesterday "B", Heat Wave here at 53 degrees & went to the rig to
look at the powerhead for the 1st time. Quite clean .
. Yes stuff under tarps, or out of sun under carports can stay sweet. Good all around boat for grand children , picnic swim with wife , or fishing in rain, etc. Any pics would be sweet.

:side:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5986 guests and no members online