Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Posting an event?

Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20736

How does one post an event? Do you have to have a site administrator do it of something? Is the event calendar ONLY for FG stuff? I want to post the ACBS annual show for our chapter, just not sure how to do it on the FG event calendar. Plus I don't see anything there for 2011 at all, so just figured maybe I would ask first.

The "event" will be the Wine Country Classics Chapter of ACBS meet in Hammondsport NY next July, 15th through the 17th. It's a wet meet and a lot of fun. As soon as I gave more info, I will post it.

Thanks!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20742

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Frank, if you click the arrow button to scroll to the July 2011 page of the calendar, look just below the left corner of the calendar. It says "Add an Event" (underlined). If you click there, a window will pop up that will let you fill in whatever info you have.

Update - I tried to plug it in for you, don't know if I did it right? Said it had been submitted, and was up for review.

Mark

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20746

frank, i'll be there along with john gibson and i believe dave.

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20748

Cool Ron. Gail and I had a blast there last year. Very well organized, lots to do, great people to talk to. It would be great to have a bunch of fiberglass there.

Thanks for the help Mark, I'll check it out.

Frank

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20799

MarkS wrote:

Frank, if you click the arrow button to scroll to the July 2011 page of the calendar, look just below the left corner of the calendar. It says "Add an Event" (underlined). If you click there, a window will pop up that will let you fill in whatever info you have.

Update - I tried to plug it in for you, don't know if I did it right? Said it had been submitted, and was up for review.

Mark, did you hear anything back? I have no clue who's in charge here. If you want something on the calendar, don't wait to the last minute!

Frank

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20807

• MarkS
Haven't heard anything yet Frank.

Mark

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20809

Okay, thanks Mark.

I wish there was a tutorial or guidelines or anything that would give us an idea of how the calendar postings thing works. Nobody seems to know.

I hope you're doing okay!

Frank

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20810

frank, try emailng doug young(classicfins)..

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20816

• MarkS
I'm good Frank, thanks for asking. I back went into the calendar and tried posting it on each of the three days instead of at the bottom of the month calendar, thinking I may have done it wrong. Still got the same message, "submitted, waiting for review". I feel sure Kelly, Ken, or somebody will give it their attention soon. ;)

(Shot them both an email)

Mark

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20827

You posted correctly, Mark. The events have to be "ok'd" by one of the administrators. And for some reason, none of us are checking the calendar regularly to see if an event was posted. I found some events for 2010 that had past which hadn't been published.

Maybe you would like to be a calendar admin???

Hello, World!!

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20828

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. I've been battling a stomach virus the last couple of days and have been out of the loop. I just looked and it seems as though I'm not set up as an admin for the calendar. Ken, can you set me up?
Doug

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20837

Ouch! I had that stomach flu a week or so ago Doug, liked to kill me. It got over just in time for Thanksgiving. Now it's just my stupid back that hurts!

Take care of yourself.

Frank

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20838

• MarkS
Thanks for the help Ken. Since there hasn't been a lot of activity on the calendar, we tend to forget things that aren't used frequently. I know of several events this year coming up people have told me about, maybe we can get some more activity going on it this year. I'd be glad to do whatever I can to assist! Just let me know what needs done.

Mark

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20843

i think mark or frank would be great calendar administrators as they both check the boards everyday. why does the calendar have the acbs hammondsport meet on july 2nd, and when you click on it it says middle of july? ron

Re:Posting an event? 13 years 10 months ago #20845

It's a glitch Ron. Scroll down the calendar, you'll see it. It's always the 3rd weekend in July in beautiful Hammondsport NY, on Keuka Lake, one of the finger lakes. Also, it's heavy duty wine country, for those of you who are wine aficionados.

Thanks to whoever got that posted! Just please remove the July 2 thing.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7806 guests and no members online