Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: American marc catamarine

American marc catamarine 13 years 10 months ago #20668

Hej. (Swedish for Hallo)

I was reading about the American. marc. Catamarine on the "Main Forum" and the history written by Andreas Jordahl Rhuda (Norwegian?)

In the beginning of 1960`s my father bought a mint green decked Catamarine in Södertälje ( outside Stockholm in Sweden) and it was imported from Florida. The same day we also saw a black decked one too, and since this day we have never seen such a boat again, in Sweden. My fathers boat had two white 25 hp Mercury outboarders attached and they gave a max. speed of 25 knots, which was very fast in the beginning of the 60th. (The black decked boat had two black 50 hp Mercury outboarders and made probably 35-40 knots).
The steering wheel was goldflaked and in the centre there was a manshead printed and if I remember correctly, his namne was "Volrath". The streering wheel was mounted on the right hand side and the seats were white. Our family used the boat during summerholidays ( June-July-Agust) for shorter trips in the Stockholm Archipellago and for waterskiing etc. We owned it for about 15 years and then we gave it away to a boat mechanic who used it as a supply boat during boat races. From this day I don´t know if it is still existing or not.

Ulf Stenberg (Sweden)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:American marc catamarine 13 years 10 months ago #20669

Ulf,
Hey (southern for hello) Welcome to Fiberglassics. I like the background on your families old Glassic. Do you have any old pictures you can post? It would be great to see them.

Bob

Re:American marc catamarine 13 years 10 months ago #20671

Hej

Both my parents died in early 2009 so a lot of photos and other items are stored in my garage. I will have a look during the weekend and see what I can find.

Wbr

Ulf

Re:American marc catamarine 13 years 10 months ago #20683

There is a growing organization of classic boat enthusiasts in Sweden who might be of help:

glasfiberklassiker.se/

You might enjoy the following thread with photos of a 1959 American Marc Catamarine. Some Catamarines have survived and turn up occasionally.

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/main-forum/new-here-with-1959-american-marc-catamarine

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7827 guests and no members online