Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!!

The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20292

• 59G3
  • 59G3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Put the 59 Delmar on the water today.. she ran flawlessly ... she touched water for the first time since 1970... I put the 75 stinger on her and....well kinda of scary.. but fun... fast boat... lol .. now to the paint shop.... Love this boat... Dallas
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20293

wow,thats a beauty,glad she ran great for you,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20294

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks John, There are not many 59s.. especially on the water.... Just the short time I was on the water, the fisherman were jealous ! LOL
Attachments:

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20298

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Anybody else have a 59 Delmar ?
Attachments:

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20308

there are a few delmars ,im not sure what years,but i think "commander" has a nice one,hes a fantastic restorer,hes building his own u2 right now,from a mold he copied/made,he does nice work,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20309

by the way,im pretty sure that there is a glaspar club,and also a delmar club,someone here will know about that,if not i will ask a friend of mine hes a member of the glasspar club.john

---Mark Twain

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20311

There is a very active Glaspar club. Split was in it a while back. I think that is one of the best looking cabin boats made. While I love the Power Cat 18DC, that Delmar is a classic beauty. That Stinger ought to make her fly.

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20315

There is an active Glasspar oriented club called the Florida Glasspar Club. There are over a hundered members nationwide and there are a few Del Mar owners in the club. This club is very active and hosts Glasspar boating events throughout the year. Most of the members are located in and three different chapters exist in the eastern portion of the country but there are a few members in the club from out west. There are also a couple of Glasspar oriented websites. One is Classicglasspars.com and the other is hosted here by fiberglassics and is a one model forum and site dedicated to the Glasspar G3 ski boat. The Florida Glasspar Club also has a club member only website hosted by classicglasspars.com. Brian
P.S. Forgot to mention while I do not own one, I did restore a 59 Del Mar for a fellow Florida Glasspar Club member, Jim Savage a few years back.

Attachments:

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20316

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..59 : CONGRATS , one of the above avg combo's I've seen on early
Del Mar . Sure get the vote of the day for the OMC collector MOTA.! When you can find a stock Stinger, I think it is one of the top choices for any of our classic re- power.

. There are a ton of Del -Mars in calif, where Glasspar mfg. Believe club member JILL had a few. Usually they are quite faded, neglected out in the sun, & sampled with orig 40hp's. . Would like to hear more story about how the hull was sleeping since 1970..
Brian Fenwick , out of AZ, had that mint Green Del-Mar major show award winner, that was valued at $ 10K. (?). lake Tahoe Show.

. I've been to Tempe, Az a few times. Looks like you have a great boating location. Post a few pics with the new deck paint near some of those famous bridges / landmarks. I see a future calendar gal there.!! I see your photography skill there. ' HEY NOW YOUR A ROCKSTAR, PUT THE SHOW ON, LETS PLAY. . Any Boat Name .?

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20317

bryan's delmar was in the 2009 classic boat calendar...a real beauty.

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20329

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Dallas
Nice looking Del Mar.
I sold a 56 to Larry (bobo). Quite the story/trip.
I keep thinking that I may have let her go too early. But she is in good hands.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20366

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for letting her go early Neil . That was indead a trip Ill remember for along time ...L.O.L...Currently the 56 Delmar is sitting next to the 56 Chevy truck Im restoring to tow it in the shop .People think I was nuts for going that far for a Old Boat ..Then they see it sitting next to the Old truck and say ... Wow thats Cool ....L.O.L..Nobodys seen one in my parts of the woods ..My 3 year old Grand Son would sit in it for hours acting like he is driving it If Ild let him ..Cant wait till I can take him for a Cruise in it .. Thanks Again ... 59G3 ... You scored on that boat ...How does it feel at speed ?? I heard they dont like to be pushed to fast ...

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20462

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
BoBo... She's a little squirly at speed .. I got her on the GPs at 38mph ...faster than I wanna go with her.. as soon as that nose bites in a turn you better hang on thats for sure.. lol Im thinking about putting a 3 cyl 50hp johnson on her.... But the stinger is sure fun ..its nice to have the extra power.

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20463

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Split Thanks.... a little about the boat... I received a complete history of the boat when I bought her... The son of the original owner sold her to me... the boat is #4 built in 59 from Nashville.. purchased in Minneapolis Minnesota in 1959...Was used in Sullivan Lake from 1959 to 1970.. then was taken to St petersburg florida and sat outside untill 88.. in 1988 it was brought to Az and sat til I Bought her and put her on the water... The boat has been sitting in a storage yard most of her life... .. I put that stinger on did 38mph out of the gate... Kinda scar in that thing,,LOl lots of Pics when I get her done and along the the way- Dallas

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20465

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I picked up a Merc 50Hp for mine . Its a 4cyl think a 73 ..I heard that they could get spooky on ya if pushed to fast .If you look underneith the pad where she rides underneith is convex and smooth in the back .Seems to me if you had it trimed up and hauling it would walk around alot . I just got mine because I think they look cool and I can take the grand kids out for a putt around the lake .I got other boats when I have the NEED FOR SPEED ...L.O.L.. Your gonna have a fine little boat when your done there ..

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20466

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks BoBo .. It was a great Find.... Hows the Delmar coming along ...
Attachments:

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20501

Dallas,

Great looking boat. She really looks good next to the Party Barge! LOL

Bob

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20526

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
You did it! It looks good. Have you done anything with the interior yeat or did I miss that? Is the stinger a long or short shaft? It makes me feel like I should whip mine out and get it floating soon but in time I will......Mike

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20573

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
MIke its a long shaft 20" .. all i did was get her glassed up on the bottom and put her in the water... before spending the money ...I wanted to make sure I liked the boat !!... Interior is good though..

Re:The 59 Delmar FLOATS and RUNS !!!. kinda scary !!! 13 years 10 months ago #20574

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Bob,, Ill pull her out of the water soon and get started on the paint... right now all i need is a purple binimi top and ill have every color in the crayon box !! LOL

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7662 guests and no members online