• Page:

TOPIC: Garage Bays are Empty!

Garage Bays are Empty! 13 years 10 months ago #20138

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
My wife graciously allows me to take over the garage in the spring through the fall to store the boats we're running or I'm working on that don't fit in the shop. I have had boats in the garages bays since April until yesterday. I moved the Missile last weekend with Frank's help, and yesterday with the Jeep returned after hitting the 4 pointer, I moved a mess of stuff around. First I put work racks, ladders, etc. stored near the front of the shop on the big flatbed and pulled that out to the road. Then I latched onto my 1958 Crosby Gentleman's Racer I built years ago and pulled that around to the front yard. Today I will be decorating it for the holidays. My wife has poopooed my idea of putting Santa at the helm. Instead I'll have a Christmas tree rising out of the cockpit. Still think it should be Santa! :angry: Next I cleaned out the area just to the left of the shops big door. Then I latched onto the Power Cat 18DC and backed it into the area I cleaned and right across the shop door keeping about 1 foot away from the front of the shop for access. As soon as it's a little brighter this morning I bought some tarp hooks that I'll install above the gable end of the shop's door and put a tarp out over the Power Cat for the winter. I have work I want to do on that including taking the motors and all hardware off, sanding and readying for one more finish coat come spring. No matter how hard I try, rigging a boat from start to finish inevitably causes somes dings. Also repairing a few scrapes from a 1000 Islands storm where the boat rocked violently on the outer dock and a nail sticking out scratched the rubrail and the gunwale glass, and easy repair but made me mad. And I started laying out the upper deck windshield which I have ready to cut out. Making it in two pieces and carrying the split cabin window up to the upper deck. And the Missile is getting stripped. glassed and repainted now that I know it's a runner. And the 59 Crosby Ranger needs to get finished as does the 1959 Penn Yan Cartopper. And someday I'll get going on the rebuild of the 1956 Century Resorter. Never a dull moment, which I love.

Today Dave Lemke from TX is stopping by Frank's and my place for a visit on his way to Warrensburg, NY. He is into Power Cats and is a heck of a builder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Garage Bays are Empty! 13 years 10 months ago #20146

wow brian!!!im exhausted just reading all of that,you sure are busy,im happy you got all of that done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6702 guests and no members online