• Page:

TOPIC: Anybody ever use this paint ..

Anybody ever use this paint .. 13 years 10 months ago #19977

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Anybody ever use this paint or paint from this company ?? Prices dont seem bad for Epoxy ..Is it wet sandable and Buffable to get my mistakes out ?? Hows the Gloss ..??

supermarinepaint.com/topside-mono-coat-SM-2020.asp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anybody ever use this paint .. 13 years 10 months ago #19980

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Second paragragh

"Withstands long term submersion, heat (350F), corrosive chemicals, spilled fuel and staining agents.
>[/color]May be wet sanded and buffed<
[/color]. Acceptable for brush, roller-coat or spray applications. Brush: recommend natural bristle brushes. Roller: Recommend high quality dense foam roller covers. Spray: Recommend small-medium size tip. Dry to the touch in 1 hour, recoatable in 12 hours - temperature dependant. Dries hard in 24-48 hours. Sand between coats after 48 hours. Mixing ratio: N/A. Pot life: N/A. Covers 250-300 square feet per gallon. See label and application directions for further information. Available in 100 colors. Custom colors available on request for an additional $10.00 per gallon. Available in gloss or satin."

Re:Anybody ever use this paint .. 13 years 10 months ago #19983

Man can you get some nice colors from them. I went on their site and it appears any of the colors only adds about $5 per quart. Still pricey for a quart, but you don't often paint a boat. I'm going to check them out for the Crosby Ranger. They've got the green I need. Thanks for posting!

Re:Anybody ever use this paint .. 13 years 10 months ago #19985

most colors from a paint company (marine)that i've ever seen. i would give it a try if i ever re-painted. ron

Re:Anybody ever use this paint .. 13 years 10 months ago #19990

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I have used their paints before.

Not wanting to get in to two part epoxies, I decided to try their 'Supermarine Revolution'. I really liked it.

The application was easy, I sprayed but if I had it to do over again, I'd probably roll and tip, since my spray equipment and facilities aren't the best. I was painting red, and it took a LOT of coats- But that's the nature of red.

You can see some of the painting work here-

www.agott.com/glasspar/rest7.html

I don't have the updated pics from after it was done.

I wet sanded it, then cut and buffed it, and it looks GREAT. The finish looks, to me, more like a gel-coat than a paint- Hard to describe, but it is a deep gloss. It just looks outstanding, especially compared to what it looked like before. It is the best one-part I've worked with, all that is left is to see how it lasts!

The company tech guys are really helpful, too.
-Andrew

Re:Anybody ever use this paint .. 13 years 10 months ago #19996

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Oceans 2 I guess I better Order those new reading Glasses ....L.O.L....I use to spray Industrial Equipment a while back ..We basically made pieces for companys not complete machines .We used Epoxy on alot of Millitary Equipment and Rock Crusher parts .I figure if the stuff can hold up on a Rock Crusher ...Might not be to bad for a boat ..Price and Color selection is good at this company to ..Anybody price out Dupont Paints lately ?? Wow ... Andgott .. Your work looks real nice there ..I checked your other pics to ..Sanding and Wet sanding ..Lots of work but when your done its worth it ..How much red did you use ?? Probaully around 5 quarts ?? I was wondering if it had Isocrynates in it ?? Ill have to read up on it maybe I missed it ..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6678 guests and no members online