Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this

Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19840

I finally decided to upload a short clip of Hernando's hide away. This is a very old stash of 10 or so classics that have been over grown by huge blackberry bushes. I discovered these almost 2 years ago. They remain there to this day. Some of the boats are so sompletely overgrown, that i have no idea what they are. Others are fully exposed, some are 99% covered. Someday I'll return & look more. If anyone recognizes a hull in this video, please speak up.

Remember it's the hunt - not the kill.

Bruce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19846

I want the Power Cat. Do you ship? :blink:

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19847

Where is this?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19853

Bruce Gerard wrote:

I finally decided to upload a short clip of Hernando's hide away. This is a very old stash of 10 or so classics that have been over grown by huge blackberry bushes. I discovered these almost 2 years ago. They remain there to this day. Some of the boats are so sompletely overgrown, that i have no idea what they are. Others are fully exposed, some are 99% covered. Someday I'll return & look more. If anyone recognizes a hull in this video, please speak up.

Remember it's the hunt - not the kill.

Bruce

"Remember it's the hunt - not the kill."

Bruce this post is not intended to be an attack on you but after 2 years of these sitting there if you are not interested in the kill why not share the location to a fellow member that will go in for the kill.

The bushes and there roots are defiantly damaging the boat and will only get worse but hey you have a great video of what could but won't.

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19855

" Remember it's the hunt - not the kill."

That quote is from an old family friend who taught me how to sniff out treasure when I was a kid. If you have experience doing this sort of thing, you know that it takes time. The older gentleman in this video owns the land and the boats. It's safe to say that he's not in a hurry to give them up. It took some doing just to get him to let me on the land to look. When I first discovered the boats, the price was free. Upon returning to look more, he wanted money. People are funny. So, you have to sit back, and ride these things out. Patience and experience play a key role. There's no way I'm going to let someone else go in there and mess up the ground work done so far. It's not about keeping them to myself - it's about coaxing the deal along. Anyone who has experience doing this sort of recon. knows what I'm talking about. Don't worry - they will get saved at some point. The boats are all in very rough shape & a few more months or years won't do much more to them.

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19856

LMAO...500 gallons of roundup! i'd love to get my tractor in there.lol

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19858

Bruce Gerard wrote:

" Remember it's the hunt - not the kill."

That quote is from an old family friend who taught me how to sniff out treasure when I was a kid. If you have experience doing this sort of thing, you know that it takes time. The older gentleman in this video owns the land and the boats. It's safe to say that he's not in a hurry to give them up. It took some doing just to get him to let me on the land to look. When I first discovered the boats, the price was free. Upon returning to look more, he wanted money. People are funny. So, you have to sit back, and ride these things out. Patience and experience play a key role. There's no way I'm going to let someone else go in there and mess up the ground work done so far. It's not about keeping them to myself - it's about coaxing the deal along. Anyone who has experience doing this sort of recon. knows what I'm talking about. Don't worry - they will get saved at some point. The boats are all in very rough shape & a few more months or years won't do much more to them.

As I said it was not meant as an attack, and in my defence you posted
" Someday I'll return & look more."
which doesn't realy give anyone the idea you have any interest in them other than a walk thru.

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19862

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
the red & white lumie with port holes is undoubtedly texas maid, probably a fiesta model 16 footer.

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19863

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
the one before the TX Maid that had fins but was mostly covered has a VERY Arkansas Traveler pattern on the bow

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19866

You guys need more rain down there Bruce! The blackberries are looking kinda puny! On the Oregon Coast you look for shapes in the blackberries cause nothin' shows through. LOL. Mike

Re:Hernando's Hide Away - you gotta see this 13 years 10 months ago #19871

tyeechaser hahahaha I hear ya

this video looks like every neighbors yard in my area, most of the boats are cuddys or fishing boats, but what really gets me is the vintage cars here, do you think my neighbors would sell any!!

NOT....they have seen the barret-jackson car auctions and think they are all sitting on gold, Ive been trying to buy a 69 GTO sitting in the blackberries for a couple years now, these people think they are worth $80K...the cars soon to be too far gone it has moss growing inside
even when you explain they are body off restos and why they are worth $80K....the farmers dont have the cash, interest or drive to restore but damned if they will let ANYONE make any money off them so they are being slowly consumed by the attack of the blackberries
makes me sick everyday I drive down the road seeing all the wasting boats and cars

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6522 guests and no members online