• Page:

TOPIC: just my luck,bad timing

just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19787

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i have been offered a free custom craft devil ray,and thats fantastic,the owner has been kind enough to offer it to me because he wants to see that it gets restored by me,and when its finished to take it to his boat show.
the only bad thing is the timing,i just paid 408 bucks for just 150 gallons of fuel oil,plus our 27 year old maytag dryer just went bad last night,i kept this machine going all those years,now i have to get another one.
is there anyone that can pick it up in conecticut(cant spell,lol) and hold it for me until i can make the trip to get it?i will pay for your time and expenses as soon as i can,i really want to restore this boat with with all my heart,if you can help,my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ,thanks john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re: just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19788

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
John I sent you an Email, Could Possibly do a pickup run for you.

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19789

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
wow,thanks jesse,i just got your email and im waiting for a reply from the owner as to just where in connecticut he is,and if the trailer is road worthy,i THINK ,its in the mystic seaport area,but im not sure yet.thanks again john,ill let you know as soon as i do.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19792

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
stashm2,i just talked to mr snediker ,and i thank him very much,he said hes in mystic connecticut,and todd told me he could get it from there to the ny state line,i hope that helps,mr.snedeker siad he thinks the tires are good and he will throw in a spare for it,boy i thank you guys with all my heart,i just somehow have to get the trailer registered from here in pa.
another great thing is i thought my wife would be mad,lol,i just called her and shes happy for me,wow last night sucked but today has gotten to be great.
im so darned excited!!!!!,now im going to work on marks horns and the de ville.
i thank all of you on this site!!! you have treated me like family and i promise to pay it all forward,if anyone needs some work done let me know if i can help,i will,thanks to you all,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19793

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Good things happen to good people John.(Maytag excluded of course)
You will get the Devil Ray home I just know it.
If I lived east of the Mississippi, I would haul it to you.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19795

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
aww,thanks neil,that means alot to me,and i know you would .
im overwhemed with emotion,you all mean alot to me,after my heart attacks ,i didnt know what to do with myself,all i had was this computer ,then i found fiberglassics in 2006,and the people here are like my family,and definatly my friends,besides my loving wife,you all keep me moving,and gave me a purpose again,i thank you guys (and gals))for that,i used to feel like a waste of space,but not anymore,i feel like im accomplishing something now.
john

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19798

Congrats on the Devil Ray, it truly is Karma.

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19801

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
J.G. Congrats. pics look better than expected. Correct bow light & a horn . WOW. I think we know where a supply of windshields are at.? If none inside the hull.

. SWEET DEAL .

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19802

great john. thats a carbon copy of the one i had when i was 19. i was trying to find the same boat back in 2004 when brian lawson found me a mantaray. the rest is history. if you have any trouble i will get it and keep it here for ya. whoop! i'm so happy for ya. ron
Attachments:

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19804

if it's coming to the NYS line, I could meet the fellow if timing works out, and it could stay here John, lots of room.

Frank

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19805

I live about 4 miles from where the boat is. I am working on a project in Stamford, CT (near NY line) and could easily bring the boat that far on a week day. We'd need to get the plate thing straightened out and make sure the lights work.

If Quentin needs it out of his yard, I could put it in mine for a while, but would like to have it moved by the time we get serious snow.

PM me if you liike

Todd

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19807

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you chris,i appreciate that.
split,yep,the windsheild is laying in the boat,but if its bad,then hi dave,lol.the transom and floor may be bad,but im still very excited i always dreamed of having a custom craft.
wow ron thats really cool,stashm,said he could pick it up at the border and take it to his place near albany,but it might be there a while,so frank if you have the room for it and it willbe out of your way,i would appreciate any help,i would see if todd could meet ron for it,but ron is going to have a garage built and it will probaby be in the way,i dont know which way to go on this,you guys are great,ill have to see what todd says,hes the guy picking it up,i thank you all,thanks todd,jesse,ron and frank,i just might get this old girl home,thanks to you guys,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19808

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks todd,i dont know the area,maybe frank or jesse does,i dont know what to do about a plate,ill have to call the fellow that does my inspections and registration.your a darn good guy todd,as well as the others,thank you all again,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19816

I may have a plate around, it just wouldn't trace back to me. Came on a trailer I picked up years ago, so I just kept it.

In my lengthy trailering experience it's usually bad lights that get trailers stopped, not license plates and tags. I have a number of legal trailers, but the lights all work and work all the time. Every trailer I own I re-wired myself. It's not hard to do it so it lasts and works a long time.

I have plenty of room here to store a boat. It could go next to the other CC I'm storing for Doug. But I'm easy. Just let me know if I can help.

Frank

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19818

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you frank,its much appreciated,its up to todd,but im pretty sure quentin will want it out of their name 1st,ill have to check with him and my guy here,thank you frank,john.p.s. maybe you and stasm2(jesse) can get together he seems like a real great guy too.you guys would get along great,john

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19842

Good looking boat John - nice score.

Custom Crafts were some of the best looking boats of their era.

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19850

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Looking good to get your boat to you! Lots of good people to help! As far as lights go I have a set of Magnetic Lights that stick to the trailer work great for stuff like this. I use them on my hay wagon ect just for safety. if whoever ends up grabbing it for you wants to barrow them I can bring them down, and just send them back latter.

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19851

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thats awfully nice jesse,but it still might be you,lol,lol.maybe you and frank can team up on it,franks a great guy like you too.

---Mark Twain

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19852

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Very nice- Those are one of my Favorites... I love the cats.

My Custom Craft is even worse off than that one- Not a bad score!

We'll have to meet up at a custom craft show down the road somehwere :)

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19857

stashm2 wrote:

Looking good to get your boat to you! Lots of good people to help! As far as lights go I have a set of Magnetic Lights that stick to the trailer work great for stuff like this. I use them on my hay wagon ect just for safety. if whoever ends up grabbing it for you wants to barrow them I can bring them down, and just send them back latter.

hay wagon..now your talkin. heres my hay wagon. i luv farm stuff, and have a diecast tractor collection.
Attachments:

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19861

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nice! I have two old horses both retirees of the harness racing industry. So I only do enough hay for the two of them with some good old vintage rust.. I mean Case and John deere and New Idea equipment from 1950 -> 1972. I would have alot less hobbies if I didnt have the horses lol.
my 1950 Case VAC baught new by my grandfather, I located it a few years ago and braught it back to life.
Attachments:

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19864

Here's an old 1941 Case Model S... I did a "long-distance" restoration of. I'm in NC and the tractor is in North Dakota...
The owner brought me every piece he could take off.. I rebuilt them, and he reassembled the tractor this summer.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19865

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nice S I have a 1950 DC3 I use as well, and a 1939 DC3 I scavenge for parts.... Sadly but thats a whole other hobby... I wish I had time to restore them but for now they have character and are used daily for light work :-)

Re:just my luck,bad timing 13 years 10 months ago #19867

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
nice farm equipment guys,my wifes uncle has a couple of the old ones.and my father inlaw has 2 rusting away one is an old alice chalmers,crank start.
i was looking at the map ,from mystic seaport to here ,are there any hitches coming through scranton,willkes barre ,harveys lake area?,that would be the closest way,but at this point ill take any and all help i can get,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6615 guests and no members online