• Page:

TOPIC: Thanks Frank!

Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19744

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
With the Jeep in the shop after taking out a 4 pointer election night, Frank brought the truck over and helped me move a few things around. The Missile, Penn Yan, Century Resorter, Crosby Ranger and a little Uniroyal dinghy are in the shop for the winter. We actually have 1 free garage bay! Next weekend I'll move the Power Cat to the shop area. I'm thinking about extending a tarp from the shop out over the Power Cat to be able to work on it over the winter. I'll know when I get it there.

Thanks Frank for the assist! And next Sunday a Power Cat'r from Texas will be coming to visit Frank and I on his way to the Adirondacks. He's a great boat builder and I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

Again, thanks Frank!

B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19757

Glad I was able to help Brian. I just got in. All I can say is I sure learned a lot this weekend. I don't get it, I'm 58 and didn't know this stuff?!?

I sure am looking forward to meeting/seeing David next weekend as well.

Best of luck with the Jeep.

Frank

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19758

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm not sure what F is talking about, but it may be that my wife and I are are reeling from the loss of her best friend. A simple hernia surgery went horribly wrong when she aspirated on the operating table. She was 57, my wife and I are 58. They have two girls as we do. They were both professors at the same college. In a heart beat lives are changed forever. A doctor's decision (error) appears to have cost this woman her life. It will be a long week. I have been with my wife for 40 years. I don't know if I have ever seen her so sad, mainly because she identifies with those left behind, young women like our own.

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19761

Brian, I certainly know what it's like to have the sudden loss of family or close friend. My comment about learning lots of new things this weekend was about more mundane things, like pulling stumps, burning stumps in place, building a pole barn extension, dismantling a log splitter for paint and renovation, stuff like that. Change is all you can be sure of. Frank

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19763

brian,our hearts go out to you and your wife,and your friends family,please give your wife and your friends family our love ,john and lorraine

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19765

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Sincere condolences to you and "the Mrs.", Brian. A heart-felt reminder that we should all live each and every day like it may be our last, you just never know. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Mark

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19777

Sorry to here of the passing of someone
Dam now this really make me feel good I will have surgery for a herina on the 23. I do have confindence in my Doc the last time he worked on me he saved my leg when another doc screwed up uncluging and artery that doc ended up cloging the othe main artery and if he could not get it uncluged I would have lost the leg. But this Doc got it all working again. hell I'm 70 and plan on being around for some time.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Thanks Frank! 13 years 10 months ago #19794

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I and the whole FG community's thoughts and prayers are with you.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6645 guests and no members online