• Page:

TOPIC: Boat hardware 'Score'....

Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19206

• Andgott
  • Andgott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I stopped in the local 'junk' (ok, Antique and Collectible) store. It's one of those amazing places that has a little of everything. The guy that runs it has been acquiring stuff for years, and just kind of piles it on top of the stuff that was there before. You would not believe the amount of stuff in the place- Layer upon layer of it.

I sorted through a small area of the store, where I was told most of the boat items would be... After 2 1/2 hours sorting through a 10' x 10' or so area of the store, I had filled a box with all sorts of great stuff-

I was able to get a great price on it, too. I'm not going to need all of the items, so if there is anything in the lot that stands out that someone NEEDS, let me know. A few things are already spoken for- Mostly for my projects- But I bought everything thinking that someone else out there might be able to use something.

Besides, it was a LOT of fun poking through the old shop... I'd love to spend a few more hours, or days, there- Who knows what I might find!

Oh- BTW- He had a control & cables for a Homelite outboard (throttle, shifter, key switch), as well as an Evinrude Simplex control. If anyone is in need of either, I can find out how much he wants. Probably not much.

-Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19208

Andrew,
email sent.
Paul
312-933-0600

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19214

wow! what a score. great find........

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19216

Nice find! I am looking for a stern light, but looks like your pieces predate my boat ('75). Not that I am restoring to original - I have alot of new parts in it.

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19227

andrew if your not using them i could use the flag staff and the airplane style cleat for the cutter,let me know how much,if you can wait till payday ,thanks andrew ,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19237

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John-

The Flag staff and the bow cleat just happen to be the 2 parts that I need the moast! I've been looking for both of them for a while, and every time they come up on Ebay they go out of my price range.

I'm considering making some reproductions of both- I've got some other parts to cast this winter, and if there is enough demand for them, might make a few of those, too... Seems a lot of people are looking for them!

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19243

ok thanks anyhow andrew,if you make some let me know,by the way i found some more pitted hardware ill send it to you soon,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re: Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19248

Interested in the Homelite control.
Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19255

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Before I chime in that "I'll take two" of the burgee staffs,[flagpole mounting in bow light], any idea what they'll cost to reproduce? [assuming you do get enough interest]
I do need two ... if the price is right.
Perhaps another thread to gauge interest?

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19263

I would really like to have the rear view mirrow. Been looking for one of those for a long time.
My email is in my profile
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Andgott wrote:

I stopped in the local 'junk' (ok, Antique and Collectible) store. It's one of those amazing places that has a little of everything. The guy that runs it has been acquiring stuff for years, and just kind of piles it on top of the stuff that was there before. You would not believe the amount of stuff in the place- Layer upon layer of it.

I sorted through a small area of the store, where I was told most of the boat items would be... After 2 1/2 hours sorting through a 10' x 10' or so area of the store, I had filled a box with all sorts of great stuff-

I was able to get a great price on it, too. I'm not going to need all of the items, so if there is anything in the lot that stands out that someone NEEDS, let me know. A few things are already spoken for- Mostly for my projects- But I bought everything thinking that someone else out there might be able to use something.

Besides, it was a LOT of fun poking through the old shop... I'd love to spend a few more hours, or days, there- Who knows what I might find!

Oh- BTW- He had a control & cables for a Homelite outboard (throttle, shifter, key switch), as well as an Evinrude Simplex control. If anyone is in need of either, I can find out how much he wants. Probably not much.

-Andrew

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19278

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
jim bart wrote:

Before I chime in that "I'll take two" of the burgee staffs,[flagpole mounting in bow light], any idea what they'll cost to reproduce?

Jim-

At this point, I have NO idea what they'd cost- Or even if I'd be able to pull it off- But it looks like there would be some interest in them- I could use a few more, and at least 4 people on here need them, too. It's worthwhile for me to give it a shot even just for my OWN needs.

There would be a few changes- First, I'd most likely cast them in Aluminum... It's a lot easier to deal with. They could be polished as is, and would look pretty decent, or they could be Zincated/Copper plated/chromed for an extra authentic look. Of course, the more work that's done to them, the more it'll cost.

The basic castings wouldn't cost that much- Once the mold is perfected, I could crank 'em out pretty quick. It's just the process of getting there that may take a while!

-Andrew

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19279

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Mike- I'll keep you in mind, I've got a couple of those at home, too... I think that there are more than one size. When I get back (a couple weeks, HOPEFULLY), I'll pull them down and see what I've got.

-Andrew

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19293

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
John
I have a couple of those airplane cleats.
I will dig them out and get some measurements and some pics posted here for you.
Neil

Andgott
Sorry about invading on your thread.
Just trying to share some parts with John.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19308

neil,that would be greati have one for the bow,but need two for the stern,heres the front one,i got it from a great guy,matt bennett,he sent it all the way from austraila,let me know how much you need for them,thanks john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19310

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
No problem, Neil... This thread is all about connecting parts with boats!

The Homelite Control is on E-Bay if anyone is interested. I have NO idea what it's worth, that seemed like the most fair way to do it.

-Andrew

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19320

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John,

Is this the size you are interested in? If so shoot me an Email and we can work out the details on getting it to you. I picked this up just because I liked it but it really doesn't fit the style of any of our boats.
Melanie

Attachments:

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19321

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John,

Is this the size you are interested in? If so shoot me an Email and we can work out the details on getting it to you. I picked this up just because I liked it but it really doesn't fit the style of any of our boats.
Melanie

Opps forgot Email addy..... This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Attachments:

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19322

melanie,yes it is what imlooking for my email is, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. please let me know hw much you need for it,thank you so much,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19483

Andgott wrote:

-Andrew

i'd be interested in buying the piece that is to the immediate right of your middle bowlight, if you are willing to part with it. it's the handle that attaches to the very front of the boat top. sorry, i'm a newbie and am just learning my way so i'm not aware of the proper nomenclature.
anyhow, if interested in selling let me know: jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19500

andrew now that im getting airplane cleats,do you need the 4 chocks at the very right of the page?if not email me i would like o buy them for the cutter,john

---Mark Twain

Winged Cleats 13 years 10 months ago #19504

Morning John - I have a pair of the winged cleats in the shop. They are like new. No pitting, and the chrome is shiny and smooth. They have the retaining pin on them to prevent a line from backing off. They're 4.5" long on the top and 4.75 across at the wing. Sort of a flying V. If you need one for the Cutter, it's yours. My digital camera is kaplinken or I'd post a photo.

WHOOPS! Didn't see the post above. I have the exact same unit too John. Again, it's yours if you need it.

Brian

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19516

wow ,thanks brian,its just what i need,i need one more for the stern,two of them that were offered ,turns out they wernt the same kind,send me your addy and ill send you what you need ,but please hold them until december,ill send a check then,my addy is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ,thanks brian,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19552

John - They're yours. No need to wait for a paycheck. I don't want anything for them. I found one...I need to find the other. Been cleaning and organizing the shop after 2 years of restos on the Missile and Power Cat. And there's still 3 projects underway in there. I know the other one is in there somewhere! You're a good man with a big heart. All I need to know.

Brian

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19579

I have 5 of those winged cleats in pretty fair shape if you want them. Get back to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will send them to you. Thanks ,Skip

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19590

wow all you guys are great,and thanks for the compliment brian,ill take it ,but at least ill pay for shipping.
hi skipp,thank you very muchi only need 1 and thats it,same goes for you let me know how much you need and ill send it,email me at johngibsoni@aol.com,and we will swap addresses,thanks again guys john.p.s. dont cash the checks till next month,lol.

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19603

Morning John - Shoot me your mailing address. Please don't waste the paper; if you send me a check I'll rip it up.

Brian

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19605

I just shot it over to ya B. F

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19607

Got it F, thanks! B

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19631

boy,i relly feel great,to have you guys(melanie too,lol) as friends,i do consider this a family of glassheads,and its wonderful ,if anyone ever needs something from me,just let me know ,address is john gibson
436 helman road
indiana,pa,15701
i just may be able to finish this cutter someday,lol,thanks to you all,john,p.s. if anyone needs me my email is..johngibsoni@aol.com

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #19644

Yer a bit late on the draw there John. I had your address in the computer and shot it over to Brian earlier this a.m. Been busier than heck this a.m., landscaping stuff.

Frank

Re: Boat hardware 'Score'.... 13 years 10 months ago #20074

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hi there,
I have a 1959 Crosby Fish-n-ski that I would like to swap out the hardware on. I bought her at auction and she seems to have all original hardware but it is all very badly pitted. I want to find original or replacement hardware that will fit the same holes drilled through the deck and hull if at all possible. How can I get descriptions of exactly what I need to you? Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6686 guests and no members online