Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: newby here; with new project

newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17475

Hi; all
Well I am new to the site and reinterest into boating. I grew up on a lake and had a 12' rowboat with a 6 hp wizzard as a teen some 37 years ago. I still have the boat and she now wheres a 55 johnson 10hp. being a fan of pre 58 motors I have decided I need a bigger boat for winnaposoci and purchased this 64 15' mfg boat with 33 hp 1965 johnson and trailer. I plan to put on 2 18hp either 57 or 58 vintage. WILL BE LOOKING FOR CONTROLS, AND CABLE HOOK-UPS. I havent decided on if I plan to sell the 33 or not but if you have a 18hp 57-58 I might trade. Or controls and cables for a dual set-up for complete motor and controls (NO ELECTRICS).The boat needs minor wood work on the top deck in the area in front of the motor, the under structure seems good. I may have to alter the transom a little to get 2 18's on there. Any help or tips are welcome.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17476

more pics
Attachments:

Re:newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17482

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
ROY: WELCOME, That is nice SWEET rig in the pics , CONGRATS. Originally from upstate NY & had many years like yourself with antique tillers. . Our son is in central Maine & would like to spend two months next summer, may get a chance to see your boat.
That 33hp Johnson looks quite nice on the hull ,& IF it was the original engine to the boat I would vote to at least keep it in your garage / barn for future backup .?? Spare source.
. Again keep us posted, & PLEASE post a few close up pictures of the INTERIOR seat positions.

Re:newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17487

Roy,
Welcome. Very nice boat. I like the lines, of course I'm biased. It looks somewhat like my '60 Wagemaker Clipper. I concur with Split. Keep the motor what came with it, at least as a back-up. I like the way it looks with the boat now. Close ups would be good.

Bob

Re:newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17501

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
the boat is an mfg copy of a lyman. i wouldn't put twin anything on it. i think 35 to 40 hp is max for that boat. that 33 will run forever if you care for it well.
my 2 bits worth......

Re:newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17513

Welcome aboard! Nice rig!

If she is an MFG , my guess is that the boat is an earlier model than 1964. With the wood deck and covering boards and windsheild frame my guess is that she's from the mid to late 1950s period.

There are brochures posted here on this site in the Classic Library section.

Andreas

Re:newby here; with new project 13 years 11 months ago #17545

Well guys now I am tottaly confused. The former owner said it is a 1964 boat with a 65 motor and trailer. After reading what little I can find about mfg its to my understanding that they stopped making wooden decked boats in 1960. I beleive the boat is a celeron model. I also have seen several pictures of these on trailers and the trailers are exactly like mine, but the boats were 58's. Is it possible that this was a left over and sold as a 63? Also any ideas on value of this craft?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6916 guests and 2 members online