Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uniflite ID

Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #14815

Hello all, I was wodering if anybody knows what model this unflite is. The paper work that was in the boat says it is a 1960 unflite and thats it, I believe it is around 19'long.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #14847

Hey nice boat. I have a '61 19' express. It looks to be about the same model as mine. I have a few pics on my profile. Great boats. Look at the Glassic library and there is a sales brochure there.

Nick

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #14886

Awesome thanks, it is defintely the 19' Express. I have everything the brochure said. That helps me out tons. Yours is really clean looking. How big is your outboard? Does it handle good in the water?

Re:Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #14907

My grandpa purched the boat back in '64 so it's been in the family for quite a while. I had a '63 super-seahorse 75hp on it, when it ran it pushed it about 25mph or so on my gps max, but it was a bit tempermental. I just switched that out and am working on getting a '66 golden meteor 100hp running. The boat came with twin 35hp Johnsons in '61. It seems to plane out at about 15-17 mph with 3 people in it. The boat handles great and the deep hull and weight of the boat makes it great in the chop.

Nick

Re:Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #14912

Nice, I would love to see twins on mine that would look great in my opinion. Mine came with a '73 Mercury 150 HP that I was going to use, but after seeing that ad on this site saying that max HP is 100, so I guess I will have to see. Thanks again for your help.

Re:Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #15051

Have any new pics yet? I'd love to see some. I think you would be ok with the merc on there. Cant be any heavier than the big V-4 I have. She sure wont handle like a speed boat though. I was waiting to see if I get this thing running first but if I dont I'm going to switch out to the Homelite I've been restoring. If I do I'll probably add some smart tabs.

Nick

Re:Uniflite ID 14 years 3 weeks ago #15179

I do have a few more pics, I started gutting the boat because it had been left outside of a apartment for who knows how long collecting rain, snow, garbage. The boat was filled to the top with random garbage. I was surprised to find all the trim work there and interior intact. I have it on dollys to move in and out of the garage.
Attachments:

Re:Uniflite ID 13 years 11 months ago #17526

Sorry haven't been on in a bit. She looks pretty good overall. I like the bow rail and the lights on yours. I am going to start on the inside of mine this winter. I just put new carpet in this summer, but old cushions were toast so I am going to have to learn to use the 'ol needle and thread. Keep me posted, not too many of these little Uniflite's around anymore.

Nick

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6915 guests and 2 members online