Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chrysler Force 85 HP motor on unrecognized boat

Chrysler Force 85 HP motor on unrecognized boat 3 years 10 months ago #143469

I have been trying for a long time to identify this boat. Someone on the Chrysler engines Facebook site mentioned to try Fiberglassics. SO here I am posting some pics of my boat. Can anybody identify it? Brand/Model? It has a Chrysler 86 HP Force motor. Apparently the boat doesn't match a Chrysler style from late 60's early 70's. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks Glenn.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chrysler Force 85 HP motor on unrecognized boat 3 years 10 months ago #143471

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
The registration number on the bow. Is that from a previous owner? Or did you re-register it.
Check with whoever handles your titles/registrations and there should be some record.
Is there a null number stamped on the upper starboard outside of the transom? Some manufactures put hull numbers on the inside of the transom, usually on a metal tag of sorts.
Looks like a nice clean enjoyable boat. With that smooth hull it might be a 70's StarCraft. Check the library section link above and page through.
I'm sure someone here will help you out more than I can. Be patient, it'll happen.

Chrysler Force 85 HP motor on unrecognized boat 3 years 10 months ago #143472

Nope. No numbers, plates or any identification anywhere. The previous owner must have removed all labels, plates, anything when they repainted the boat several years ago. All there is to go by is the shape and style of the boat. I was originally thinking because it's a Chrysler(Force) 85 HP motor and the boat colours matches the motor, that it was a late 60's early 70's Chrysler boat, but Chrysler Boat Facebook members say it's not a Chrysler.

Chrysler Force 85 HP motor on unrecognized boat 3 years 10 months ago #143473

By the registration, your boat was registered in Toronto. I would look through the Leavens section in the Glassic library.
looks to me like a Cavalier. Transport Canada may have a record.
Cheers
Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7319 guests and no members online