• Page:

TOPIC: The time has come

The time has come 4 years 1 month ago #143002

• BillF
  • BillF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In October I will be 90 years old. Probably it is time to stop thinking that I am going to continue to do much boating, which I began when I was 13.. I need to find good homes for some of my stuff, but it does not appear that a thriving market for boats and motors exists right now, at least not in our forum. I seek advice from those more experienced than I on such matters. Please convey your helpful thoughts to me as I am hunkered down at home in Issaquah WA because of the pandemic. Looking for good homes for a 1975 19-ft Glasspar Cutlas 191 with a 1975 Mercury 150-hp inline OB, a Vanson trailer for that rig, a 1967 14-ft aluminum Mirrocraft Resorter with a 1967 9.5-hp Evinrude Sportwin OB. Boats are in reasonable shape, motors are functional, all underwent refurbishing a few years ago, with extra features added..The trailer is good, and has a spare wheel and tire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The time has come 4 years 1 month ago #143007

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Used boats are selling really well right now because it is a good way to get out and still self isolate with family. I do that right now on American Lake near Fort Lewis. Get out, enjoy the fresh air with my wife, and catch a few fish (darn few this year) I suggest you place some ads here and on NW Classic Boat Club. www.classicboatclub.com/forums/misc.php?do=cfrules&doredir=1&cfrset=1 Never hurts to try, and there is always ebay and craigslist.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

The time has come 4 years 1 month ago #143008

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Oh and congratulations on making it to 90 , may you have many more birthdays. October is a popular month for birthdays in my and my wife's families. 11 at last count. It's a really good month.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com

The time has come 4 years 1 month ago #143011

What Ike said on both counts! :)

Bob

The time has come 4 years 1 month ago #143013

• BillF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks to both of you for your good wishes and advice. I will try some additional posting.

The time has come 3 years 10 months ago #143570

• BillF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I have disposed of my Glasspar 191 and my 150 hp Merc 1500 inline, after having them for forty-five years. I still have my 14 ft Mirrrocraft Resorter with its 9.5 hp Evinrude Sportwin, so I can still go fishing if I ever want to do so again. I have been boating since I was 13, so now at 90 I am feeling a little boat-deprived. Time sure as heck keeps marching on. I plan to continue lurking and watching here, but I guess that I am out of the game. Many of you have been helpful to me in years past, and I appreciate it. So long

The time has come 3 years 10 months ago #143573

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Hey Bill, you got me by 15 years. I gave up this spring. Sold the final boat and spare motor and gave away all the toys, skis, tubes, ropes, etc. Actually do not miss it that much when I watch weather reports. So many limited days that anyone can actually go out and enjoy. I do have some spare bling that I plan on taking to some shows next summer if they still have them.
I purchased an older car to take the boat's place in the garage, something to tinker with. A lot safer with four tires on the ground than an "iffy" motor in open water.
Take care and God bless you for all you've done.
Cal
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillF

The time has come 3 years 10 months ago #143579

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
You should do alright with with the Mirrocraft. Good luck fishing and enjoy yourself. This year has been such a hassle with my boat I'm seriously considering selling it. But the wife and I decided to take a year off from boating with the Sea Ray. We alsohave a smaller boat, 12 ft rowboat with 2.5 kicker. The big boat needs a lot of work and this will give me time to get it back in shape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillF

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7316 guests and no members online