Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help !! What boat??

Help !! What boat?? 4 years 3 months ago #142710

Hi! We got this handed down to us and would like to sell it as we have a toddler who fishes with us and it’s not the best set up for it. It is so cute though. Could you guys let me know what brand it is or make? Also, what would it maybe sell for? We just had it out on Saturday and worked like a charm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help !! What boat?? 4 years 3 months ago #142712

• DPA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Your boat looks to be a Pipestone Scout and in nice condition. They were manufactured in Pipestone MN. There is information in the Glassic Library on this site.

I think there should have been a seat back for the front bench seat.

Help !! What boat?? 4 years 3 months ago #142713

We do have the seat backs!! Just didn’t put it all together when we took it out

Help !! What boat?? 4 years 3 months ago #142717

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=File:Pipestoneb60002.jpg
Pricing a boat is difficult to say the least. Looks like it's in excellent condition. Research some other boats in your area that might be up for sale, a good place to start would be Craigslist.com.
If the motor and trailer have no issues and it's "water ready" with a clean registration I would start out with a price a few hundred more than you actually want. Everyone loves a bargain so be prepared to bargain. I'm always accused of selling my boats too cheap but I know what I paid and how much I have invested. You do the same.
Example, you inherited the boat and it cost you nothing than you can sell it for lets say...$800. and walk away happy.
If you bought the boat for $800. and put another $500 in repairs/motor etc. you're on the borderline of what it's actually worth to a buyer so list your price accordingly, Start out @ $1650. being prepared to lower the price for the sale. Point out to the buyer that it's a package deal, boat/motor/ battery/trailer/fuel tanks etc. which if bought separately would be twice the price if not more.
The best boat sale is when both parties walk away happy.
Now IMHO looking at your pictures I would put a price around $1800. and let the buyer know that you are willing to demonstrate the boat, take them for a ride, let them drive on a good calm day, get the adrenalin flowing and you have a sale. Lower your price a little, the buyer is excited and you made the sale. CASH ONLY!!!! NO CHECKS OR DOWN PAYMENTS UNLESS YOU KEEP THE BOAT UNTIL IT'S PAID IN FULL.

That's and entry boat probably for a young couple or someone who just wants to enjoy the water

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7925 guests and 2 members online