Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Two boats I found

Two boats I found 4 years 3 months ago #142536

Hello all ! I am posting this on Fiberglassics because I'm not sure where else to post this. While on the way to my marina, I happened to notice a couple old boats sitting beside a warehouse. Drove past there a hundred times and never noticed them before. Just happened the owner of them was there, so I stopped to talk to them. Long story short, the boats belonged to her father, who just passed away, and she wants to be rid of them. These two are nearly identical Inland Seas Steel Clippers. She wasn't sure of the years, but they both appear to be around '59-'62. The first is a 33 foot and unfortunately have no engines, the exterior looks to be intact, but I was unable to board her and see the interior. The second is a 34 footer, which I was able to board and get a good look at. The interior appears intact, so restoring the woodwork would be possible if you needed to make templates from the originals. Luckily here is the good part...The original engines are still in it, and intact, sporting a pair of Graymarine 401 Buick Wildcat "Nailhead" V-8's. The boats are located in Monroeville Ohio, and I have the gal's contact information. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures. These are truly beautiful classics, and will probably get scrapped if she doesn't find a buyer. While talking to her, the lady's son and her late husbands "business partner" were cleaning out the warehouses as well. They loaded up a pair of those "bass-ackward" Chevy "Q" engines (they have the transmissions bolted to the front of the block) 185HP, so I'm guessing they were 283 Chevy's, these will likely be sold as well. If I had time and money to burn...but... If anybody is interested I have her contact info.
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8014 guests and 2 members online