TOPIC: 1964 Johnson deluxe restoration project for 2021

1964 Johnson deluxe restoration project for 2021 4 years 4 months ago #142337

• evb11
  • evb11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello everyone,
I have a new project for 2021, the restoration of a 1964 johnson Deluxe. This is a boat that has been abandoned in a guard professional for several decades. Initially the boat was not meant for me. The person who was originally going to take it decided to part with it. I had exchanged with him for information concerning his old American cockles that he wished to restore. Knowing me passionate about these boats and he finally having other restoration projects (old cars) he wanted to give me pleasure and what pleasure! I’m getting a Deluxe!!
I have to pick it up this weekend and take it back to a friend’s house to store it until I can make some room in my garden. The boat requires a complete restoration and for that I will of course doubting you take example on Agle ason, and try to do as well as he . Agleason did an exceptional restoration that I never tire of watching on the forum (I downloaded all the photos). I’m still going to have a hard time doing as well as he did!
The boat no longer has any equipment. There’s just the hull and the engine covers. No engine, no dashboard, no seats, no original steering wheel, so a big job. Fortunately the windscreen is still there and the glass has been removed to avoid a breakage problem. I activated my network in France and I already have some tracks for some parts. I have old Evinrude rogue seats. I normally found an original steering wheel and the dash console. Not having the boat yet I will not fail to make the list of missing parts.
For the engine I don’t know yet if I come back to the origin with an old OMC 120 or 155 hp or if I opt for a newer mercruiser 140hp or v6 4,3l engine. Finance will decide...
For the moment I have only these two photos to send you. As soon as I have others I will post them.
See you soon.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1964 Johnson deluxe restoration project for 2021 4 years 4 months ago #142339

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
WOW! That is a big project. Too deep in the pocket book for me.
What country are you in? Gives us all a little more understanding of what you are about to start.
Good luck, keep us informed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7899 guests and 2 members online