Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 25hp

25hp 4 years 4 months ago #142249

hi, i am working on a 1996 25 hp for a friend, he has had an issue with it stalling, he replaced the fuel pump diaphram and gaskets and still has the issue. i have it here in a tank of water and it starts easily idles good but even at a high idle it runs out of fuel and stalls, when i pump the ball it starts right up again. i know the tank and fuel line are good it is mine and i have had no issue with my motors. i even connected the fuel line directly to the carb to eliminate the fuel line connector. the check valves were not relaced but look ok. the passageway in the carb that goes to the fuel pump is clear and the reeds look ok, i thought maybe i could be losing crankcase pressure there. any suggestions? Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25hp 4 years 4 months ago #142251

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I know this will sound too simple but is the gas tank vented? I've had issues with that, motor would run for a few minutes and then a vacuum sets up in the tank and no more gas flows. 1996 is considered a "new" motor for me but is the fuel pump run off the motor vacuum? Might have a leak in the vacuum line coming from the motor to the fuel pump.
Just a suggestion.

25hp 4 years 4 months ago #142252

i think i narrowed it down to the check valve, i get air flow both ways when i blow into the fuel inlet.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8051 guests and 2 members online