Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What COLOR is 1964 GLASTRON GOLD

What COLOR is 1964 GLASTRON GOLD 4 years 5 months ago #142115

Friends,

I found a 1964 GLASTRON FUTURA V-150 this afternoon, which has been repainted blue & white & that is "all in one piece".
It is fitted with a proper/suitable Johnson 75HP OB, too.

As I want to restore the little ski-boat to original, I'm looking for a correct paint code for 1964 Glastron GOLD & for the 1964 WHITE, too.

Btw, the little boat is on a 1985 (and TEXAS TITLED) DILLY trailer, so I will be looking for a suitable mid-1960's trailer.

Thus the DILLY will soon (hopefully) be surplus to my needs, if anyone needs it send me a PM & we'll work something out.

Yours, Tex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What COLOR is 1964 GLASTRON GOLD 4 years 5 months ago #142121

• DPA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I can't help you with a paint code to match the Gold gelcoat from 1964 but I can offer the brochure page for your Futura and the gelcoat manufacturers part number. You will probably have to remove some of the blue and white paint to expose the original gelcoat to get a sample to match.

The Futura hull is a good performer. Good luck with your project

What COLOR is 1964 GLASTRON GOLD 4 years 5 months ago #142129

DPA,

Thanks for the response. = Fyi, I'm known in this locale to "be a sucker" for old boats/OBs/trailers, that are "all in one piece" & that have Texas TITLES.
(At the low price & with another similar 75HP V-4 Johnson "parts motor", a whole lot of other "boat stuff" & a goodly amount of fishing tackle, I just couldn't resist the temptation to buy the Futura.)

I'm HOPING that someone here still has the paint formulas for old-model Glastrons.

Yours, Tex

What COLOR is 1964 GLASTRON GOLD 4 years 5 months ago #142130

• DPA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
You won't find original paint codes since the finish was gelcoat and not paint. Try removing some of the paint, there might be good gelcoat underneath.

The original gelcoat number for 1964 Gold was RS-58045, My parts book doesn't list white for 1964, but the 1965 white was RS-58107.

Those numbers might mean something to a custom gelcoat maker like Spectrum, but that is still not paint.

spectrumcolor-com.3dcartstores.com/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8025 guests and no members online