Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite

Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite 5 years 6 months ago #139120

I just picked up this 58 Glastron SeaFlite for free. I'm a gearhead and really like old stuff especially if it's got fin's and style.
Looking for info on this as i know little about boats. I did find what i believe is the Serial # but not 100% sure. Found it on the aluminum transom trim panel. # 458363 I'm hoping it is so i got something to go off to try and get paper work to it. I got it from Vermont which is across the lake from me in NY. Also anyone might know what engine was on this?

Po stripped all the wood out of it already i see some repairs that need done inside but don't see no visual damage to the out side except for the occasional scratch or very small chip. And it needs a new gel coat and transom work. The windshield doesn't seem to be original but looks period correct. I'm sure i can adapt it.

Dirty from the trip home.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite 5 years 6 months ago #139121

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Here's a link to the Glassic Library.

www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=File:Glastrona58002.jpg

To get all the info go to the top of this page and click on the glassic library and then just draw down to glastron.
Nice pick! I would have gotten it in a heartbeat. Start out with a complete strip down and powerwash.

Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite 5 years 6 months ago #139138

Yes, that is the serial number. My 59 has it stamped in the same place. Back in the day, Glastron shipped the boats to their dealers
sans motor, controls and hardware. If the dealer was a Merc dealer, that's what you got, or Johnson etc. Just pic what you like that's period correct. If you tackle a restoration, let us know, lots of knowledgeable people here. I've done one.
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite 5 years 6 months ago #139141

Thanks also what would the general engine size on something like this? I'd like to fix it up to use in the lake down the road from me not a full resto but a nice looking vintage boat for the weekends.

Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite 5 years 6 months ago #139144

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Engine size would probably be in the 35- 40 hp for that era. That being said.... What do you want to do? Cruising like old retired people the 40 would be fine, pulling tubers, skiers etc. would require something with a little more snot. A 60 - 70 would work better for you. Keep in mind the weight of the motor plus fuel tanks(s), battery and all the minutia. HP ratings from that time were recommended but keep in mind that a 60hp motor of that era was a heavy V4 or inline 6. With todays motors there is some weight reduction with higher horsepower. Personally I would be happy with a 70hp. for comfortable cruising and fast enough to get you home before the rain hits. IMHO of course :evil:

Looking For Some Info On 58 Glastron SeaFlite 5 years 6 months ago #139146

Max hp rating is 120
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9530 guests and one member online