Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vinyl trim parts

Vinyl trim parts 6 years 8 months ago #135601

Hey there-
I purchased a 1959 16' Seaswirl last year in remarkable condition. I'm doing some work this winter and am trying to find a source to be able to replace some of the dried out and cracked vinyl trim: the rub rail, trim at base of windshield, and deck steps. I've banged around the site and done some searches, but can't seem to find anything. Any suggestions for sources??
I'd also love to find a replacement for the broken metal bow piece, but I know it's a longshot.
Any help appreciated
Scott
Bend, OR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vinyl trim parts 6 years 8 months ago #135602

Google
Taylormade white 826500

Its the windshield flap. Somewhere in here someone posted where they got it cheapest. IIRC, I bought some onsale w special free shipping for $30, it was a deal...

Wefco and Taco marine are good possibles for the rubrails vinul insert

Busted bow metal? Pix?

Deck steps? Pix?

Vinyl trim parts 6 years 8 months ago #135606

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
www.fiberglassics.com/forum/mfg-owners-group/123205-1962-mfg-edinboro-with-original-sun-n-fun-seats.html look at thread under MFG 62 Edinboro. Jamestown distributors was cheapest and last thread comment.

Dr.Go!

Vinyl trim parts 6 years 8 months ago #135610

I've got that MFG Edinboro. Went crazy trying to find white rub rail replacements. They just don't exist anymore. TACO's supplier can still make it, but requires an order of several thousand feet, so that did not work for me. In my case, I went with black rub rail insert, which MFG started using in 1964 - mine is a 1962 and was white.

It's not original, but as MFG did switch to black two years later, it was good enough, and the black actually looks better (to me) and resists the inevitable dock scuffing much better.

That's a very nice looking boat and the new vinyl would help it to look its best.

Note that several styles are available, and I had help picking the right style from the restoration company doing the work.
Attachments:

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Vinyl trim parts 6 years 8 months ago #135618

Thanks for the replies and kind comments. Attached are pics of the metal bow piece and step tread. I think the bow piece had a round hole for tying off at the forward most point, and an oblong hole on each side as a "grab handle".

Thanks for suggesting WEFCO, I think they have it, or at least something that will work. I had been trying TACO and Taylormade with no luck at all. I found WEFCO randomly searching the Golden State Glassics site

Scott
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online