Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Race In Peace Bob Switzer

Race In Peace Bob Switzer 6 years 9 months ago #135275

It's with a heavy heart to all the Switzercraft fans and family that I have to make this announcement that Bob Switzer, our hero and friend passed away on Friday December 29, 2017. There are not enough words that I could say that can describe this loss, to his family, to us his fans, and to all the lives he touched worldwide. A memorial will be held on Thursday January 4 at the McHenry Country Club in McHenry Illinois at 3 p.m. My deepest condolences to Bob's entire family, it... has been an honor to meet many of them and become friends, but most of all to Carol his beloved wife who stood by Bob all his life and specially during those race years where she had to endure watching him race, a feeling that some of my relatives know too. Bob it was the greatest honor to befriend you and Carol and meet your family and the Regatta will never be the same but by the Grace of God I will keep it going. God's Speed Bob and as it is said time and again in Propeller Magazine "Race in Peace" -Tom Arambasich and the Switzercraft Reunion Regatta Friends
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Race In Peace Bob Switzer 6 years 9 months ago #135276

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Very sorry to hear this news,I last saw him at Pewaukee show,He did build a great boat and that will carry on.I have owned a few and still haveBaby bullet,shooting star,He was coming down to see the SOS[switzer on steroids] boat we just finished up,he built a bigger proto and was curious to see this boat, He will be missed Bill
Attachments:

Race In Peace Bob Switzer 6 years 9 months ago #135279

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Sad to hear that. Knew Bob well 70's last seen 2006. RIP Bobby...

Race In Peace Bob Switzer 6 years 9 months ago #135284

Nooooo rest in Peace Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My deepest sympathy to his family!

Bob

Race In Peace Bob Switzer 6 years 9 months ago #135289

Tom,
Thanks for letting us all know. I haven't seen him since we were all together on Lake Arbutus in 2004.

Race In Peace Bob Switzer 6 years 9 months ago #135347

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We had the honor of meeting Bob and his wife Carol at one of the Beloit Fiberglassics shows. They arrived in style on a snazzy three wheeled motorcycle and made their way around the show chatting with many attendees about interesting boat lore and building Switzer boats throughout the years. The technical talk about hull designs, motors and operating their factory thru good times and bad times was so interesting. He sure left an unforgettable legacy behind! RIP our friend!

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online