• Page:

TOPIC: Need Help w/ Verifying

Need Help w/ Verifying 6 years 10 months ago #135001

• ChrisL
  • ChrisL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have what is registered as a 1962 Glasspar 6'-10" inboard boat. Can anyone help me in verifying the make and/or model of the boat. I've not found any other boat like this yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need Help w/ Verifying 6 years 10 months ago #135005

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Wow - what a beautiful direct drive boat with substantial trailer to glove fit that boat. Since I am not a Glasspar expert, I searched the website’s Glassic Library. ‘62 year had little information, but I searched a decade of boats and was only finding Outboards and I/O’s. Hopefully some of the Glasspar experts can tell you what they know. From other posts, I believe their likely is a website dedicated to Glasspar boats that could also help you...and perhaps many are also members here. Your boat is awesome and I would love to copy that interior pattern and colors for my little 1958 project. Yours sure looks nice! Good luck finding what you need and thanks for sharing the nice pictures!

Dr.Go!

Need Help w/ Verifying 6 years 10 months ago #135006

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
One interesting observation: my Dad’s 1966 boat had that same rectangular shaped Ride Guide steering wheel.... not sure when it was first made, but I have the same boat as my Dad’s, but it is a round Ride Guide Steering wheel. May mean nothing, but if someone knows the first year they made that wheel, it may determine the boat could be newer??? Just wanted to throw that out there.

Dr.Go!

Need Help w/ Verifying 6 years 9 months ago #135264

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I've seen the same rectangle ride glide wheel also on a 1966 boat, a turbocraft/turbopowered silver line.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Need Help w/ Verifying 6 years 9 months ago #135265

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Shake - drove past your collection almost a month ago when I was headed across the state to see my new grandchild... nice projects await. However, I did not see a Glaspar like this sweet direct drive. Maybe you should hunt for one more project? I really like this boat in this post! ... maybe I like it because my projects aren’t done and this boat looks ready to go!

Dr.Go!

Need Help w/ Verifying 6 years 9 months ago #135291

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I have no idea what you have there but I love it... left hand drive (so obviously standard rotation) 6-cylinder direct drive flathead, retro auto shifter, chrome exhaust. It's like something I would have built myself. I think you should sell it to me...cheap!

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle