• Page:

TOPIC: Installed trim tabs this weekend

Installed trim tabs this weekend 7 years 3 months ago #132494

• ultraclyde
  • ultraclyde's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I installed a set of Nauticus Smart Tab trim tabs on the old tri hull this weekend.

Install was easy, but best part of the process was finding solid dry wood in every hole I drilled. After that I spent some time tapping on the transom and it sounded the same everywhere else that it did around the tabs. So...I'm going with the entire transom is solid and not rotted. That's good news since I'm pretty sure the previous owner's fix for a soft floor was just to drop a sheet of plywood over the old one. I suspect I need to pull up the floor and replace it correctly (and fix some stringers, I'd guess.) Not having to do the transom too may just have moved the boat from "not worth the work" to "worth the work."

Hoping the tabs will keep the nose down on slow cruise and help me plane at a lower speed. We have friends with a 13' Whaler and if I'm on plane they can't keep up, but if I slow down she points her bow at the moon and wallows till I can't keep up. Plus planing at a slower speed will burn less fuel in the old 'Rude.

Meeting the first mate after work tomorrow to give it a test run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online