TOPIC: Glasspars on the Chicago River

Glasspars on the Chicago River 7 years 4 months ago #131975

• Terrydi
  • Terrydi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
Hey All,

I am ready to come clean on my reasons for punkin out on Kosh. I had to attend a meeting at the Chicago Maritime on Friday night regarding ACBS business and then Sunday we attended a memorial service in Chicago. I see a trip up to Lake Koshkonong as a 3-day event so decided to pass and in the end it all worked out.

On Saturday The Florida Glasspar Club Midwest Chapter held our first event of the year out on the Chicago River. A 100% chance of thunderstorms and hail was in the forecast but a few braved it and were rewarded with a nice day in downtown Chicago.

We were invited to participate in the Classic Boat Rendezvous by the Chicago Yacht Association whose members welcomed us and our little boats too. The event was held to celebrate the Grand Opening of the Chicago Riverwalk which has been under construction for years.

Rain was pouring when we were arrived at the ramp so we held off launching and were treated to cruise downtown aboard this fully restored 1960 Chris Craft Constellation MARIANNE.

Brett aboard his all original 59 Lido.

Terry's originally restored 59 Sedan, Mama Mia!

1906 steam powered launch MAGGIE B

68 AristoCraft

Cool little minitug

We expected 16 boats and ended up with 9 total so not a bad turnout given the weather. Folks that came out enjoyed seeing the old boats and even the Rahmfather came by and gave us a thumbs up.

Thanks,
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glasspars on the Chicago River 7 years 4 months ago #131988

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Cool pictures as usual Terry! That old Chris Craft is gorgeous, as well as the other photos, and Mama Mia is looking sharp as usual. The weather was not kind at Kosh, we opted to stay home and do some plumbing, much to my dismay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online