Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you recognize this style boat?

Do you recognize this style boat? 7 years 4 months ago #131814

So this is the boat from my childhood that belonged to my old neighbor. It sat in the woods for around 13 years. He calls me and gives me the boat. Paperwork is no where to be found, he tells me he's quite certain its a 1971 model. Its definitely a cobia, I can see the old cobia symbol when I sanded everything down. The plate is missing from the hull.

Im attempting to make it as close to original as possible, with modern day equipment (led's,etc)- however I can NOT find a picture online anywhere of a boat identical to this. I even contacted cobia without luck. I want to set the seating on the deck like it came from the factory, but have no idea the original lay out. I realize I have a blank easel and can do whatever, but like I said I want it to look original in a sense.

Anyone got a clue? Any help is appreciated.
- The picture is how it looked the day I got it, and the day it came out the paint booth.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you recognize this style boat? 7 years 4 months ago #131888

I'm surprised that Cobia doesn't have any information. Not real surprised, most of these manufacturers only interest is in selling new boats, history has been lost through generational shift. Here's some different catalog shots of your boat. I hope that there is something that will be of assistance. It is the only boat in their lineup with that style of roof. I'm not sure of the order of these or just what the year is as Cobia chose to not date most of their stuff. most of this is from the mid-sixties through 1970. Anyway, let's see if they will all load.

Lee Wangstad

Do you recognize this style boat? 7 years 4 months ago #132280

The cutlass 20cv is exactly it! It was even that color when I sanded it down. Only 2 of your pictures loaded though. Can you provide me a link where you found this?

Do you recognize this style boat? 7 years 4 months ago #132286

Hi Keith, I found these images in my collection of boat catalogs in my office. I'm not sure of what exactly is out there on the web. I hope that they will help.

Lee Wangstad

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online