Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Frustrated in my search so far! 1964 IMP Navajo

Frustrated in my search so far! 1964 IMP Navajo 7 years 5 months ago #131690

My husband made a impulse buy 2 years ago. He saw this cute little beauty sitting in someone's driveway coming home from a friends house. BUT... we are not boaters, never have been, so this gem has been put in the local metro park water 3 times since he brought it home. This is a beautiful little boat, all original, barn kept for better than 40 years. It was willed to the previous owner from her grandfather, she had to let it go and hubby brought it home. I have searched and searched to find some type of information about it, basically what is it worth? This boat is in mint condition with less than 100 hours on the original motor. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. We are looking to sell and I do not have any idea what she is worth.
The trailer is in excellent condition as well and it does come with 3 original gas cans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frustrated in my search so far! 1964 IMP Navajo 7 years 5 months ago #131691

Anything that floats & runs (with a road worthy trailer) is worth $1000. That one is obviously much better than average. I'd say expect $1400-$1500. Old glass with few exceptions doesn't hold much collector's value.

Frustrated in my search so far! 1964 IMP Navajo 7 years 4 months ago #131882

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
There is a very long thread on Boatdesign.net on IMP Boats https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/imp-boats-information.6227/ I haven't read it all the way through again (I did back when it was posted ) but it may help you with information about IMP. They were a well respected brand and built good boats, but as a family run business they weren't very good at the business part. They went out of business quite a while ago, around about 2000. They had a lot of financial problems. There used to be a web site devoted to IMP but I haven't been able to find it. If I do I'll pass it on. There is a Facebook page www.facebook.com/impboats/ Hope this helps

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Frustrated in my search so far! 1964 IMP Navajo 7 years 4 months ago #131885

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167

jimandros wrote: Anything that floats & runs (with a road worthy trailer) is worth $1000. That one is obviously much better than average. I'd say expect $1400-$1500. Old glass with few exceptions doesn't hold much collector's value.

In my opinion I would put the price somewhat higher. If the boat is as pristine as the pictures I would put a price more around the $3000. mark. Consider the price of a new boat in the tens of thousands and then add motor and trailer. Advertise it on Craigslist or EBay as pick up only. I don't think a collector would buy it but a young family who can't afford $$ would be very interested. Remember, you can always negotiate price and go lower but no one ever offered a higher amount unless there was a bidding war.
Don't forget that you are including some "extras" ski rope, bumper fenders, life jackets, etc. These items add up for a prospective buyer. I see snaps on the outside, it there is a cover that is another bonus.
Best of luck, hope some of us gave you a starting point.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online