Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help Me with Identification

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131210

Hello all! New to the form, thanks for the approval! My main reason for coming here is that I need assistance with a restore project that my brother, father, and I are considering taking on.

We think it's a Montgomery Ward Sea King cabin cruiser. We think it's a 60s or 70s but the previous owner wasn't sure and their resto work covered up any trace of identification on it. Just trying to find out more information on it here. Any one on here able to give us any information?

We're looking to replace the floor, new engine, and controls and clean up some of the shoddy work from the rednecks that had it before us. Any help is greatly Appreciated!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131221

Welcome aboard glad your here. Unfortunately I don't recognize it but there's plenty more smarter people than me on here that can help. Have you gone through the Glassic Library on here yet?

Bob

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131225

• Drb007
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The lines on the hull certainly do suggest it is a Sea King. I suggest removing some of the hardware/accessories such as a light. On my Sea King, every component was date stamped. all of my parts are 1967, though the boat is titled as a 1970. I'm told the year of the boat on title was based on when the boat was sold, not manufactured.
Good luck finding anything more online...I searched for a long time and couldn't find anything.

Here are some pictures of mine for comparison:
fiberglassics.com/forum/main-forum/117126-1970-seaking.html

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131235

one of our members from pennsylvania had one...john gibson. i have a pic somewhere but cannot post . having problems with the new format. send me your email adress and i'll send you a pic of it. i'll notify him of your post and i'm sure he can answer any questions about it. ron
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131248

your seaking s a 1964,it was made by starcraft, for Montgomery wards ,its just like the one I had,very well made boats,just click on the attachment on my post
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131249

it should also have a upper windshield

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131250

I had put the original ad,in the library ,but I cant get in,it had all the 64 models of seaking I had from an original Montgomery ward catalog,hmmm that was my 4000th post,lol

---Mark Twain

Help Me with Identification 7 years 6 months ago #131252

john-gibson wrote: it should also have a upper windshield

Awesome! Thanks for the info! We have an upper windshield. The original one got crushed by snow when the previous owners had it. We have a replacement, but we're holding off on mounting it for the time being. Need to replace the floor and patch a few holes in the hard-top from old hardware mounts.

Do you have a picture of the interior of yours? Ours is pretty bare and we're trying to figure out how to lay it out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online