• Page:

TOPIC: ROLL ROLL ROLL YOUR BOAT.

ROLL ROLL ROLL YOUR BOAT. 7 years 8 months ago #130014

• herters59
  • herters59's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 12
Thought I should pass on how I flipped the hull of my boat. This hull is 24 foot long and around eight hundred pounds I figured.
Took some carboard and made the first template. Then traced that on the half inch chip board. Seemed to fit pretty good so made three more copies. Cut six inch spacers from a two by six and spaced them along the edge to strengthen the radius added two by four spreaders to keep the width of the two radius. Then used ratchet straps to hold every thing in place.
Called in the troops there was five of us but really when we first tried to flip it three of us did it quite nicely but three is good five is better. Once you get into the radius and all the weight gets on that it rolls easily. I was worried about what it would be like on the way down because of the weight but again that was not an issue.
Now I would love to take credit for this idea but I saw this on a post here some time ago if someone knows whose idea this was let's give them credit cause it worked just fine.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:ROLL ROLL ROLL YOUR BOAT. 7 years 8 months ago #130015

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I like the idea , we just rolled this switzer on steroid yesterday,we took fork lift that goes 16ft strapped to transom went up rolled over at top boat is 18ft so we had some weight but did it with 8 ft forks and it worked put it on dollies rolled it in, these fins are too tall and side fins to make that jig but I will do something like that next time with flat side,this ihas bugged me for 3 weeks then it took 15 minutes,thanks Bill
Attachments:

Re:ROLL ROLL ROLL YOUR BOAT. 7 years 8 months ago #130071

del, ingenious, but bow do you finish the area that the plywood is touching? i must be missing something or maybe your rolling it for some other reason. ron

Re:ROLL ROLL ROLL YOUR BOAT. 7 years 8 months ago #130080

• herters59
  • herters59's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 12
The wood Structures were only used to roll the boat over. Then the straps were loosened and the wood is removed. I then put the hull on a set of carts so that I can move it around. This picture is what the bottom looked like when repairs were started.
Attachments:

Re:ROLL ROLL ROLL YOUR BOAT. 7 years 8 months ago #130095

GOTCHA....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online