Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to FiberGlassics and can't find my way around!

New to FiberGlassics and can't find my way around! 7 years 8 months ago #129936

Any chance that anyone can help me find other MFG SuperBass boat owners...I have a '77, 15 footer. I'm hoping there's a relevant thread I can join, but cannot find one. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New to FiberGlassics and can't find my way around! 7 years 8 months ago #129947

The best thread to follow would be the MFG Owners Group forum. Try posting there:

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/mfg-owners-group

That said, MFG did not make very many of the Super Bass family of boats. Based on the similar Gypsy hulls, which came out earlier in the 70's, the Super Bass boats were MFG's attempt to expand into purpose-built fishing boats.

While good boats, the regular Gypsy line sold in much greater numbers over the years as more general purpose family boats.

BTW, today, relatively few boats are sold that are not purpose-built. Of all power boats sold today, 1/3 are PWCs, 1/3 are pontoon boats, and the rest make up the last third. Many of those in last third are either fiberglass center-console fishing boats, or under 19 foot aluminum fishing boats. New regular general-purpose family boats of under 19 feet long are very few and far between these days. Times change.

Also, stern drive craft used to sell well over 100,000 boats per year. Now they are down to under 15,000 per year. Almost all inboard engines sold today, including those with stern drives, are needing catalytic converters. A marine converter, with the additional controls, adds up to $4,000 per drive. Hence, outboards are making a comeback, especially 4-stroke models, which don't need the converters, at least not yet.

All the more reason to get into fiberglassics and classic outboards.

Welcome aboard!

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:New to FiberGlassics and can't find my way around! 7 years 8 months ago #129949

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Tony, you found the right place for all you boating needs and information. Welcome.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online