Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - -

1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129879

Friends,

I've found this ONE-OWNER 50YO big Larsen Lapline 17-ft runabout on a 1967 EZ-Loader trailer & sitting under a tree up in Northeast Texas & in need of considerable LOVE/CARE.
(For starters, it seems to be all there & the interior is in at least good enough shape to "cut patterns from" but no more than that. The floor back by the engine is rotted out & the whole floor has to be replaced.)

Since the price is less than the used trailer is worth, I just cannot resist adding it to the "coming projects". - I talked, by phone last night, to the grandson of the original (deceased) owner & he said, "The motor ought to be OK, as my Granddad never used the boat much, he always had it Winterized & until about 3 or 4 months ago it was stored in his old warehouse, when the place was sold."

I'm HOPING that one or more of our GREAT members have some GOOD QUALITY interior/exterior photos of what the runabout looked when new, including the seats, floor-covering, trim, etc.
(A copy of the 1967 factory brochure would be GREAT too.),

THANKS for reading this.

yours, satx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129887

well you know the drill we want pictures.. i can say i loved a challenge so good luck and i may be repeating myself but i have hundreds of pictures and it is kinda cool to look back and wonder why or how you did it. hahah

billy

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129889

cap-n billybob,

You want me to post pictures of a boat that:
1. I don't yet own,
2. isn't restored
and
3.I'm trying to figure out precisely what it IS and what it looked like when new??
(It's piled full of "boat junk", right now, too.)

Incidentally, the boat has a 2.5L, "Chevy II", 153CI, 120HP Mercruiser engine that LOOKS OK.
(Cosmetically decent, no obvious leaks, was "winterized" in 1995 & not run since, etc.)

I'm hoping at one of our crowd has a 1967 factory brochure or publicity photos of the 1967 runabouts, inasmuch as I've looked all over "the Worldwideweird" & found NO good photos of a I/O Larson 17 foot runabout.
(I really don't want to restore this rig W/O KNOWING that I'm doing the job correctly. - For example, how do I know whether the current deteriorated upholstery is original or not??)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129891

At one time the Larson Boat company had their old brochures on their website. I just looked at the site and I did not find them.

Some other collector or enthusiast also had old Larson Boat brochures on line. No idea what happened to that site.

Andreas

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129894

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I emailed the Larson factory from the website and they not only sent me PDFs of the brochure pages I was asking about, but also some ads that ran and a serial number log when my boat was built from their archives.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129895

thompsonboat,

THANKS for the info. - I'll email the Larson factory & see if the factory has what I need for the restoration.

I cannot say about anywhere else in the USA but here in South Texas, 50YO Larson boats "are RARER than hen's teeth". = I know of exactly NO others.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129898

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I emailed the Larson factory from the website and they not only sent me PDFs of the brochure pages I was asking about, but also some ads that ran and a serial number log when my boat was built from their archives.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129901

assign,

A high school art teacher (whom I went to Kindergarten with!!!) will paint on the "TX numbers", as well as my "trademark" frolicking otters, on the Port & Starboard sides & the boat's name & home port on the transom for me, as she has done for my other boats.
("Lizbeth Elaine" is quite an artist, too.)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129906

I'll try to attach a pdf file of the 1967 Larson brochure. I have copies of all the brochures Larson used to have on their web site.
I guess the site won't let you attach pdf files. Let me have your email and I can send it to you.

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129909

Doug Reeve,

Check your mail, PLEASE.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129910

Doug Reeve,

I would hope that someone, who is better at doing "computer stuff" than I will ever be, will put all those brochures into the FG Library, so everyone can use them

just my OPINION, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129913

and your point is how do we know there is even a boat ? i have a sharp mind, but i have other things to use it for other than keeping up with everything on my old boat . i didnt mean to hit a sore spot. it is a very good time to start taking pictures when you find it when your looking at it and through the whole process.

sorry

billy

Re:1967 LARSEN 17 foot I/O Boat/Trailer FOUND - - - - 7 years 8 months ago #129946

To All,

I talked by phone with "Jerome" in Parts at Larson Boats, Inc & he sent me a PDF of the 1967 Larsons & told me that the boat that I found was the MOST EXPENSIVE boat that the company made that year.

IF anyone is interested in seeing the brochure, email me & I'll forward it to you.

Now, I've got to figure out when my best buddy & I can get up to that area (9 hours from here) & purchase the boat/trailer.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle