• Page:

TOPIC: Fair market value??

Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #129876

• cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I know some of the price's on hulls have gone sky high recently why I don't know but due to life throwing some curve balls at me I need to make alot of my boat stuff go away. Unfournately the 3 hulls I have been saving that are dearest to me have to go along with some other stuff/ motors and parts.
1st a 1948 Feather Craft runabout that for some reason doesn't quite match up to the size advertised that it should be all round, its just under 10' in very good shape dent wise and hasn't been drilled to death with extra holes and all there.

2nd and the dearest to me is my 1958 Crest liner Jet Streak 14'. You would be hard pressed to find one of these as nice in project afordable pricing.
all stripped ready for paint. Biggest issue is I am missing all the trim.

3rd. My 1 owner from new 1958 Custom Craft Sea Ray. I bought this from the guy that bought new. I is real nice but needs all the wood. I have all the trim except the windshield (which I have) but is shot.

last but not least my G3 that is totaly apart ready to be put back togeather.

I know these are projects and only worth what I can get for them but the Alum hulls are very sought after for sure. I want to be fair but not loose my butt so where do you guys think I should be on asking price's. I really hope to find good homes for them before trouble starts around here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #129880

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Sorry to hear about your troubles and really sorry that your boats need to go. Since you mentioned no engines, I assume none are included. I can't really peg what you could call a fair market value but here's what I would consider paying (if I were in the market), based upon your descriptions, in the order you listed them: $800, $1,200, $600, $1,000.

Naturally, to the guy that has been looking for one of these boats in particular (if you can find him), you could expect to sell for more. Fiberglassics is the best place to reach your target market. Best of luck!

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #129881

Add titles for boat and trailers and I'd suggest about $200-300 more then each of Nautilus' prices... And its a bad time to be a seller, even w exceptionally warm weather.

The other site you posted the tin boats on will likely value an unmolested 1948 higher.

And if you havent, post the tins on RetroCrestliner too. I don't recall if the 12 or 14ft JetStreak is the rarer of the 2.

And ASKING 15-20% higher then Nautilus' prices and hoping to get 10% less wouldnt be unusual...

Please give the JetStreak's buyer RickGs info from the other site. They'll likely be able to get some missing plastic trim bits from him. Plus severalnof those guys are casting aluminum boat parts, for the FC and likely other boats.

Good luck. Wish I was a buyer... nice places to start those projects....

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #129897

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks guys, The Jet is a 14' and I believe to be the rarest of the bunch and I truly hate to part with it. That hull is just about perfect and ready for repaint or it could be polished, it really is that nice.

I think the pricing is about right a bit low on the Jet and way high on the G-3. I do have a couple trailers that could be had as part of a deal but on one of them I would have to talk to the guy on here I still owe $$ to for it. Paper work 3 have it one not.
The Jet Streak is the one that troubles me the most and I so hope it finds a good home.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #129899

Post the tin to yhe Retrocrestliner site if you havent yet.

RickG would be a good contact to see if he knows a ready and willing buyer. JR from the other site recently sold a completely redone 850 w beautiful Mercury OB. He was asking $8500, and it sold fairly quick.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #130190

I guess the boat market is way better on the East Coast than it is here in California. That Center deck G-3 would be difficult to give away out here. Over the past 6 years I have had a very difficult time getting anyone to buy un restored tail-fin boats - even at modest prices.

Here are some real numbers from actual sales of mine -

1959 Glass Craft Citation on a rare Airbouy trailer - all registered and current title - $500

American Marc Stardust on usable trailer - not titled or registered $500

1959 Performer Havoc - on nice trailer - current title and registration $550

1959 American Marc Stardust on good trailer - titled
$650 ( No takers yet )

1959 Harvey Star Whiz - on good trailer - no title or registration
$650 ( No takers yet )

So the old saying goes - it's only worth what someone will pay you for it. I hope you can get some takers at the values you want for them - it's sad that boats just don't get the love that they deserve.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #130262

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The Feather sold for asking price. The Jet Streak might be sold and going to Ill. for the asking price.
The G-3 I am probably stuck with and not real sure but the Custom Craft has a couple tire kickers so far.

I know I am going to hate myself 2 mins after taking the $$ on the Jet as I will never find another one in as nice shape without spending stupid money.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #130267

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Wish I lived closer to you Bruce. When I sell my boats I price them what I think they are worth to me. Some people say I give them away too cheap. I know what's invested and the fun I've had with them before putting them up on the market. I also know that those classics are going to someone who appreciates what they are. Here are what some of them sold for. '58 Herters fish on a Gator trailer with a 40hp Merc - $3200. '63 Century woodie Sabre - $10,500. '57 Tomahawk with 135hp Rude - $1250.(That one was a give-away) I needed room. Shell Lake Executive - $3200. Crestliners, Bee Crafts, etc all priced fairly.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #130284

You are in the heart of vintage boat lover territory. I wish we could have as many enthusiasts out here as you do in the Midwest

Nice to see some boats bringing asking prices.

And for what it's worth, a guy has gotta do what he has to do, for the given situation. There will always be more treasure to be found - even the same boat may come back to you someday.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #130289

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Never had one come back to me personally but I have seen them up for sale years later. Also seen a few of them on the water in my area.

Re:Fair market value?? 7 years 8 months ago #130295

Bruce you mentioned a Glasscraft on an Airbouy trailer, you don't happen to have a picture of it do you? I purchased what I believe is a really sound one last summer from a guy in Reno that is kind of an ugly brown color. Haven't touched it yet just storing it until the spirit moves me, kinda like my RedFish.
Jack

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online