Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017

Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129810

19 - 22 January 2017 is the Minneapolis Boat Show. Once again the Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society will have a display of vintage watercraft. I will be showing two Thompson lil row boats in a BEFORE and AFTER theme. A Herters classic fiberglass Flying Fish is slated to be displayed as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129811

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hmm, very tempting. I might shoot up there, if I don't end up going down to chicago to pick up a Y block engine......

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129814

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Not only is it a Herters Flying Fish,, It will be known as the Best. .Don knauff with Del Ven Emmericks guidance and craftsman ship has out did their selves,I was planning on making the 7hr trip but it is not going to happen, rumor is it might make it sunnyland show,, but it will get plenty of pic and conversation Don is known by Flying Fish here, he has did his research and knows what made them what they are,Don has been tackling this for over 3 yrs I think,you will all see it some place,, Bill

Re:Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129822

This is a picture of Don and his real FLYING FISH. Just days before the Mpls boat show.
Attachments:

Re:Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129829

Can't wait the see it at the show.

Re:Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129831

Y Block, now your talking. What's the application? I have a few that I'm running and really like them.
Jack

Re:Minneapolis Boat Show Jan 2017 7 years 8 months ago #129932

Thanks for the kind words about my recently completed Flying Fish. I did finish it just in time and was able to join about a dozen other boats in a display set up by the Bob Speltz Land-o-Lakes (BSLOL) chapter of the ACBS.
Every year Minneapolis hosts a boat show that displays over 700 new boats, outboard motors, and other boat connected equipment in the Minneapolis Convention Center.
Each year the BSLOL is asked to set up a display of vintage boats for the show. It usually consists of ten to twelve boats, from 30+ footers to wooden fishing boats. A dock is set up so that spectators can walk up to the deck level of the larger boats The display very popular with people attending the show and is manned by BSLOL members to answer questions on the boats and vintage boating in general. I've attached a couple of pics.
The first shows our Herters, two Aristocraft Torpedos, a 17 foot Chris Craft runabout, a Chris Craft Cobra, and if you look closely at the lower right, Andreas Rhude’s (thompsonboat) two Thompson wood fishing boats in a display complete with vintage fishing tackle and all the vintage accessories.
The second shows our inspiration for building a pink and black 57 Herters.
Brian Fenwick, one of the pioneers in the vintage fiberglass boating hobby, restored this boat, I believe in the late nineties, and the picture was taken at the Mount Dora FL Sunnyland ACBS show, before it moved to Tavares FL. Some of you may remember Brian. He is retired now in Arizona, but hopefully he pops in once in a while to see how we’re doing with the glassics. Brian’s boat was purchased by Corinne Hurst (woodboat) and I believe she still has it.
For more info on the show and our boat, here is a link to the article on the show in Woody Boater. Scroll down to see info on each boat.

www.woodyboater.com/blog/2017/01/24/they-were-sniffn-varnish-at-the-minneapolis-boat-show/

Don
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online