Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Timing Out

Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129775

To "Management" & All,

I suspect that I'm not the only member that has "issues with their hands" & cannot successfully send emails/PM to anyone as the system always "times out", due to my VERY SLOW typing.

Last night I attempted to send messages to 4 of our members (to let them know why I've been AWOL from the forum & why.), without success.

IF this situation can be fixed, it would be helpful.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129776

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
You could probably work around it by typing a sentence or two and then posting it. Hit "Edit" and then add a couple more sentences; repeat. Eventually, you'll get the job done.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129781

Nautilus,

Depending on the day that we're talking about, it might be 2 or 3 words before posting/editing.

THANKS, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129782

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Now that is slow typing! I can type about 100+ wpm with four fingers, courtesy of the US Navy which made me type messages but gave me no typing training. I used to be able to lock-up a 100 WPM teletype. I do it my way...like just about everything else.

Teletype...that ought to give you an idea how old I am! Our shipboard WRT-2 transmitters were nearly the size of refrigerators. I could tune those suckers blindfolded.

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129784

Nautilus,

In the long-ago days/DAZE of my misspent youth (circa 1965), I had a late night radio show called MUSIC FOR DREAMING on a local FM station.
(Remind me sometime to tell about some of my CARZY listeners, who called in to "make dedications". = There are some VERY STRANGE people, who listen to radio between Midnight & 0600.)

QUESTION: Can the email system be fixed to where those of us with "bad hands" can actually use it OR is that an impossible task??

yours, satx

I read the news/weather straight off the TSN teletype, so I understand about those antique clattering monsters.

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129789

normally I just start a regular e-mail off this site. type what I need to. then swipe it all, copy. come to this site. start your message and paste/send.

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129796

"normally I just start a regular e-mail off this site. type what I need to. then swipe it all, copy. come to this site. start your message and paste/send."

Kinda like my process. I open a document, type up my narrative which is often delayed by last minute research to be accurate & phone calls.
When I'm finally done, I cut-n-paste into a "reply" here, and I can then hit "send".

Sometimes, when I'm typing up a narrative here, and I get concerned that I'm getting close to being timed out, I high-light and 'control-c' so that what I've written doesn't vanish while I'm goofing around looking up part numbers, pictures, etc.
If upon return to my narrative I find it has vanished, I "control-v" and tah-dah,...It is back. Providing of course that I didn't copy or cut-n-paste something else while researching, etc.
doc

Re:Timing Out 7 years 8 months ago #129799

you can buy the software naturally speaking from dragon where you just talk and it dictates for you suppose to be better than the first version i thought about it. look into the software it might be the ticket.

billy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online