Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Latest find

Latest find 7 years 9 months ago #129659

This 63 Dorsett El Dorado somehow followed me home a couple days ago
Actually just bought for the motor for my SR600 but the old boat is mostly complete and really solid..and such a lovely avocado color
Even has the GLASS Dorsett tilt windshield and OE storm top

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Latest find 7 years 9 months ago #129661

I know, that's what I keep telling the Admiral. Sometimes when you got your hitch sticking out there, and you back up without looking, they just grab on... nobody knows how...

That's a fine lookin' bucket you got!!

Re:Latest find 7 years 9 months ago #129669

Awesome find !! There really cool boats. I've owned 3 Dorsetts over the years , 59 Catalina , 60 Belmont , and. 61 Lexington. Enjoy !!

Re:Latest find 7 years 8 months ago #129823

G'day all, I love the colour of this Dorsett find.... nice old Merc as well!....... Fully classic and unusual colour....... Dorsett boats were made under license to a company called "caribbean" here in Australia...... we have one in our national maritime museum in Sydney as they were the first mass produced fiberglass boats here in 1959 from memory...... I just had mine out over the weekend with the family..... kids were loving it! it's boiling hot summer here...... 44 degrees C...... well over 100 in your neck of the woods!!!!

Anyways, best to all Glassic lovers from Oz!

Paul Gurry
Attachments:

Re:Latest find 7 years 8 months ago #129824

G'day all, I love the colour of this Dorsett find.... nice old Merc as well!....... Fully classic and unusual colour....... Dorsett boats were made under license to a company called "caribbean" here in Australia...... we have one in our national maritime museum in Sydney as they were the first mass produced fiberglass boats here in 1959 from memory...... I just had mine out over the weekend with the family..... kids were loving it! it's boiling hot summer here...... 44 degrees C...... well over 100 in your neck of the woods!!!!

Anyways, best to all Glassic lovers from Oz!

Paul Gurry
Attachments:

Re:Latest find 7 years 8 months ago #129840

I had a very nice El Dorado come through my shop a few years ago.
Came in with a 50 HP Merc, and left with one of my rebuilt & restored 80 HP Mercs.
The last I knew, he has never launched the boat since purchasing the 80 HP.
doc

Re:Latest find 7 years 8 months ago #129844

I didn't think those fins were standard to that boat. I have looked at a lot of Dorsett's and have never seen them like that on the yellow. Pretty cool.

Eduardo set me straight- Those fins were on certain models of 58's.

Re:Latest find 7 years 8 months ago #129888

hello mr. paul, can you hear me ? i have a question, how did you get the boat in the middle of the creek and get a picture without getting wet ? it looks good and its nice to know glassics covers the four corners ... do you get many american made boats over there.?? i have a lot of questions........

billy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online