Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Lone Star Fleetwood drain plug?

1961 Lone Star Fleetwood drain plug? 7 years 10 months ago #129205

I have just picked up a very clean 1961 Lone Star Fleetwood with original Lone Star tilt trailer and original Evinrude 35. This should be fun, but I noticed cleaning all the leaves and debris out that it has a deep bilge dead center up against transom, which is great, but there is a drain hole that is smaller than any plug I've ever seen. Maybe a 3/4" hole and if you were to put plug in from outside its its about a foot or more forward from transom, at the end of keel section. Has anybody dealt with this before? This is my first Lone Star, and seems like that would want to be an inside plug, but I'm thinking of just filling it and putting in bilge pump.
Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 Lone Star Fleetwood drain plug? 7 years 10 months ago #129210

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
There are lots of lever style plugs that come in small diameters. The kind you flip the lever to expand the plug.
My hardware store has a drawer display with tons of fasteners, lamp parts screen door parts etc and one drawer has an assortment of plugs. I also think McMaster Carr carries them. Go on the web, they have a very easy to use site and pretty much you get delivery in 2 days. I use them a lot for hardware etc.
Good luck with the boat glad you rescued it!
Randy

Re:1961 Lone Star Fleetwood drain plug? 7 years 10 months ago #129211

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Yup, McMaster car has a selection of styles get on their site search on expansion plugs, then click that catagory, at least 4 different styles in the diameter of interest.
Randy

Re:1961 Lone Star Fleetwood drain plug? 7 years 10 months ago #129250

Measure the hole. My Winner uses basically a half inch threaded plug. I have a Garboard plug made of brass. I got off ebay for less then $5.00. My extra one is a plastic PVC plug. I don't like lever plugs inside where your feet may be.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online