• Page:

TOPIC: 2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video

2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 11 months ago #128599

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Over a week ago, we hosted the 2016 Fall Glassics Cruise, and what an incredible day it was. We typically run quite a distance on these cruises, and for this year, it was no exception, over 70 miles total from Hogback Island in Walnut Grove, Ca to Old Town along the Sacramento River in Sacramento, CA. The landscape is especially nice during the fall in our Delta here in California. This year’s cruise almost didn’t happen due to the weather, but we were fortunate on this day. I’ve done a few videos of the FGC in the past, and you might have seen some of them, but haven’t in a while until now. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Eduardo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise 7 years 11 months ago #128601

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Thank you Eduardo and Mercedes. I really enjoyed the video. Great boats, great day, great conditions and location. Glad you all shared a great day and got back safely. Loved all of those great boats (new and old).That was a really professional job on that video. I wish I knew how to do that.

Dr.Go!

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise 7 years 11 months ago #128617

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
So awesome, I'm so jealous, it's getting cold and our season is over......hey didn't you have an MFG?
Randy

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise 7 years 11 months ago #128625

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for that Dr. Go. Appreciate it. I say not me, but the video software makes the video look nice. It was definitely a blast whenever we, Golden State Glassics folks, get together. Everyone is so nice, as with any of us glassheads here. That's what makes these gathering so fun.

Eduardo

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise 7 years 11 months ago #128626

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Randy. I didn't have a MFG, but had one that looked similar, with the laptstrake glass hull. It was a '65 Starcraft Bahama, which was a favorite of my wife, Mercedes and me. We sold her in the summer of 2013 after owning her for 8 years. Man we miss her. Great memories with this boat for sure.

Here are short videos of "Mercedes' Favorite"

Eduardo and Mercedes
Attachments:

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 11 months ago #128650

Excellent Eduardo, thanks for posting.

Bob

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 11 months ago #128679

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Eduardo - I used Google satellite maps to check out your group's route. That must really be fun to be able to cover that much distance and time on nice calm water. I was not sure what route you took since I saw the shipping slough, yet wondered if the north route led to a dead end?? I did see what appeared to be a few routes to get to that large bridge. I may have to watch your video a few times this winter when the snow gets deep to keep my restoration project motivated. I did my first small event this past May...great people, great boats...I think I am hooked on the glassics! Your previous rig was pretty sweet too with both style and color. Feel free to share cool videos anytime. Congrats and thanks to all of your friends for sharing their hard work keeping their glassics looking new.

Dr.Go!

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 10 months ago #128749

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Waterwings wrote:

Excellent Eduardo, thanks for posting.

Bob

Thanks Bob, glad to share with all of you.

Eduardo

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 10 months ago #128750

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Dr.Go! wrote:

Eduardo - I used Google satellite maps to check out your group's route. That must really be fun to be able to cover that much distance and time on nice calm water. I was not sure what route you took since I saw the shipping slough, yet wondered if the north route led to a dead end?? I did see what appeared to be a few routes to get to that large bridge. I may have to watch your video a few times this winter when the snow gets deep to keep my restoration project motivated. I did my first small event this past May...great people, great boats...I think I am hooked on the glassics! Your previous rig was pretty sweet too with both style and color. Feel free to share cool videos anytime. Congrats and thanks to all of your friends for sharing their hard work keeping their glassics looking new.

Dr. Go, yes indeed; it was really an amazing day overall. Can't ask for better water conditions. Leading up to the day, was very questionable; I almost cancelled the cruise.

The route: From Hogback Island on Steamboat Slough to Sutter Slough was maybe 2 miles. Sutter Slough to Sacramento River, 8 miles. Once we hit the Sacramento River, it's 25 miles north to Old Town Sacramento and back.

Congrats on your event in May. Not only because of the cool old boats we are passionate about, it's the people who own them. It's because of that why we enjoy these old boats so much.

Not sure which rig you are talking about. After 11 years, I still enjoy using these old boats. Thanks Dr. Go.

Eduardo

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 10 months ago #128777

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for the route info. Very cool. I was talking about that second boat you showed (your previous one)...but both are very nice! Safe boating to you and your friends! Someday, I will have to see if I do a river run or chain of lakes run. I like the idea of making a little journey out of it. Love that calm water cruising.

Dr.Go!

Re:2016 Fall Glassics Cruise and video 7 years 10 months ago #128792

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
nice ride!! thank you. I reluctantly winterized a bit over a week ago out here. Last ride was 9/16/2016 my wifes birthday. It was beautiful. We re-powered the boat at Anderson Marine. Great season and nice to have someone else do the work.
Happy Holidays to all spring is coming!!!!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online