• Page:

TOPIC: Just bought a Hydrodyne

Just bought a Hydrodyne 7 years 11 months ago #128176

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I just bought a pretty nice Hydrodyne Deluxe 17 from the 1960s but there's no paperwork and the seller doesn't know the year. It has the Mercruiser 4-cylinder engine and Mercruiser pre-Alpha outdrive. It's 100% complete and even has the original seat cushions with the coat of arms and the original convertible top. It spent it's whole life in a boathouse and the original trailer still has a 1967 license plate. Does anyone know when the Mercruiser option was introduced? This is the first one I've ever seen that doesn't have the Volvo Penta AQ100.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Just bought a Hydrodyne 7 years 11 months ago #128180

The Mercruiser I models were introduced for the 1963 year model. We sold the lion's share of our Hydrodyne Inboard/Outboard models with Mercruisers. On our website "About Us" page, my mother, I, and a 20 foot Hydrodyne with a Mercruiser is pictured: fergusonpoolemarine.com/aboutus.html

In the picture below of our new location in 1962, an outboard Hydrodyne is on the left in the showroom window.

Regards,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online