Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seating

Seating 7 years 11 months ago #128077

I have a 1967 15 foot Bermuda Starcraft. I have no seating. Would like to put in back to back seats. Overtons have these seats. The base size varies 8 inch and 10 inch. I feel like maybe too high. I don't want to sit with my head into my covertable top, or my head over the windshield while sitting.I'm not sure thow. Anyone know or thawts of seating to get that best fits? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Seating 7 years 11 months ago #128095

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I find that most of the back to back seats are 8" but you need room to stretch your legs since it's like sitting on the floor.

Re:Seating 7 years 11 months ago #128098

I'd suggest you get a crate or some wood and size it up. Since starting from scratch, migh as well do it right. I had an old duo 17' that had the 8", I added a few inches... dont remember how much but 2 or 3, and got my eye level slightly abov3 windshield, and made more room in boat as didnt need to stretch as much, and I'm barely 5'9".

Re:Seating 7 years 11 months ago #128132

• JerryF
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It's all about size and personal ergonomics. Some people can sit down near the floor and are ok, but not me. I am a big guy, I can't stand to sit for any length of time unless I have at least 14 inches under the seat and I usually make my seats 15" high if I can. :) Yeah, that puts my head above the top of the windshield on most boats. Worst case is when my eyes are right at the top of the windshield :( , then I move the seat up or down a bit to clear my line of sight. So jury rig something to try it before you buy it.

Jerry

Re:Seating 7 years 11 months ago #128134

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
It has to work for the people who drive and own these. I am big, but also extra tall from waste up. I have never been able to look through windshields on 14-20' runabouts... even one's with taller windshields when sitting in standard seating. I look well over the top rail. I have to wear sun glasses to keep eyes from watering...keeping a hat from flying off is another story. I cannot even keep my head from hitting the ceiling of a full sized GM truck to the point I could not safely drive one. I still have fun in the boats, but in a short shaft boat, I look like a Gorilla driving it. Good luck - being comfortable is part of how much fun you can have and how long you can drive it.

Dr.Go!

Re:Seating 7 years 11 months ago #128140

Thank you all for they replys. I will listen and do what you all have said :)
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online