Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seeking information on old glass fiber boat

Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 2 weeks ago #127422

Hi, I am an owner of an old glass fiber boat since about five years. It´s a payment "for old sins" from my boss that I´ve helped with various things.
He didn´t have the history of this old boat, I believe that it an american boat from the sixties or so, because with the boat I got an old
Mercury four, an four cylinder, 50 hp, two stroke engine. When I searched for information on the engine, the serial number sad that it´s from -63.
I would appreciate any information on the boat, and if anyone can name the brand and model and the history of the model.
Best regards
Dennis // Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 2 weeks ago #127425

Ok, I can´t attach any pictures.
I tried to resize them to a maximum of 1024 pixels on the largest side.
Can´t find any guide on how to post pictures either.
Anyone who can help me?
Edit: Added some pictures, and adjusting some text.
Sorry for the unsorted order of the pictures.

[img]http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images [img]http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC_0128-20161001.JPG

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127540

• JerryF
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
See if you can post more pictures, that might help. What is the length? The boat appears to have a very long foredeck and the windshield is of unusual design and construction. Nothing like it comes to mind as a production boat from that era, so I'm thinking it is a custom built hull.

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127544

I don't have anything specific. Nice looking boat though. I suspect it's earlier than the 60s. The lines of the hull look more like a classic runabout of the forties to me. 1950s construction maybe?
Rodney

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127546

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Dennis, Welcome, I'm sure you will find any information we can scrounge up. Are there any markings on the boat? how about something stamped on the transom either inside or outside. A picture of the motor might be useful. Maybe some pictures of the inside or the transom itself.
Your picture did come through wonderful.
If you want to put extra pictures on the same post just submit your message and when it's done click the "edit" button on the lower right of the post and then you can add another picture. Keep doing this for each picture.
Best regards.
Cal

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127549

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have quite a lot of pictures as my intention was to sell the boat, but after I took it out of the garage and saw it in its full figure from some distance I kind of got unsure if I really want to sell it.
I will give a go and try to upload pictures directly from my mobile phone.
Otherwise I must use the PC.

Edit:
Ok, no luck with the phone, I´m now logged in thru the pc and I will try to upload.
But first get the pictures to the computer.
And thanks for the tip about adding pictures to one post.
Hang on.

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127552

Hi Jerry, pictures are added as you see. I can measure the boat tomorrow, I guess it´s about 4-4,5 meter or about 12-14 ft.
Yes, the shape seems a bt odd and unusual. I´ve only seen a boat that looked just like this (in my opinion) once on a byers/sellers website here in Sweden and they didn´t have the name for it either. Once in Sweden we had "Båtregistret" (The Boat Registry) and I was in contact with "Riksarkivet" (Swedish National Archive) and ordered the information they had about this boat. The only information they got about this boat was "Motorbåt, blå", (Speed Boat , Blue), and the information about a previous owner that I was in contact with, but he didn´t have any information about the make or history about the boat.

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127553

Hi Rodney,
Well, my opinion about the boat is two sided. In some angles I just dont like it, but on other I think it´s quite nice.
But I´m convinced that if it was restored it would come out very well.
My idea of paint would be a clear red with som white fields or lines somewhere. And paint the engine 'Cloud White' again as it were originally.
Do you know when the first glass fiber boats were made?

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127555

63 Sabre wrote:

Dennis, Welcome, I'm sure you will find any information we can scrounge up. Are there any markings on the boat? how about something stamped on the transom either inside or outside. A picture of the motor might be useful. Maybe some pictures of the inside or the transom itself.
Your picture did come through wonderful.
If you want to put extra pictures on the same post just submit your message and when it's done click the "edit" button on the lower right of the post and then you can add another picture. Keep doing this for each picture.
Best regards.
Cal

Hi Cal,
The only markings I found on the boat is from "Båtregistret" a swedish former archive that had all the boats from a certain size registred but as you might have read in another post it didn´t have so much information.
On the right side of the boat there is the text "BTX01" and that was like some kind of number plate for boats and it was with that information I seeked the "Båtregistret".

Yes, finally I got some pictures added, and I usually dont think I have a lack of computer knowledge but it´s either that or a really complicated way to upload pictures. Anyway, now it´s done.
Thanks for your help.

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127559

Nice looking boat, looks fast and very "Donzi-ish", sleek and fast!!!!

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Re:Seeking information on old glass fiber boat 8 years 1 week ago #127561

Good looking boat! I really love the military style windshield. You could build a little hardtop for her and be ready for anything!! :P

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online