Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ok this is worth sharing

ok this is worth sharing 8 years 3 weeks ago #126998

ok this may not be nothing but i think it is worth sharing since we learn from someones elses either break through or mistake. now mine is not a "mistake" per say but i had a problem and found, no made a solution. engineered a solution . so here it is
the first picture in the series is my teleflex nfb helm unit for my dash. it is at the three o'clock position. now also if you will look the hole for my steering cable is about 4:30. now you cant bend the cable into an S to connect to the helm. "problem" so i looked at it and the bolt holes will either give it at 3:00 or 9:00
but not 4:30 .. so i called teleflex and asked them what i can do, move the location of the cable entry. that wasn't going to work. i figured if i cut the mounting bracket 1/4" up and then cut a piece of aluminum 1/4" thick and drill it for the mounting bracket then drill it for the helm in the 4:30 location use flat head screws to mount it to the helm and then use studs to mount it the mounting bracket. it wouldn't void the warranty on the helm. and if it didn't work by some chance i could buy a new mounting bracket and relocate my entry for the cable. in the pictures you can see it worked fine, better than fine, i can bring my cable through my existing hole and angle up without a bend and connect to the helm. then drill me a hole for my run out tube for the excess cable. now if anyone needs to please feel free to use this fix. i think it shows the skills we have on the site with our group of boating enthusiasts .

billy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:ok this is worth sharing 8 years 3 weeks ago #127007

nicely done. I enjoy ingenuity and some good fabrication. Did you have to re-index your steering wheel so that it looks right when the boat goes straight? I'm assuming no, that it stays the same because you didn't change cable length?

Re:ok this is worth sharing 8 years 3 weeks ago #127023

i havent gotten to that part yet but from my instructions the beginning position at 3:00 is about 11:00 for the wheel insert the cable wind and then check i moved it to just about to 4:30 so by my calculations it should start about 12:00 now i have been told you hardly get it right on the first try but i am very optimistic i feel lucky about that kind of stuff ..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online