Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any Old Anthony Guys Out There?

Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #125952

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm trying to buy an old Anthony Starfire that's in very rough shape. The transom is ripped out of it, the floor and stringers are shot, one side is missing the aluminum molding that helps hold the deck/fins and the hull together, and it needs seats and a steering wheel. It may need more work than it's worth but the one thing I need to know that will help me make a decision is does it have a balsa core?
Can anyone help me? Any input will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #125953

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Is this the one in Mass or NH ? Call me.

edit: opps nope not the one I was thinking of.

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126066

I found no balsa in the Floor of my Jet-star 15 when I removed the floor. Mine had a sheet of plywood sandwiched between fiberglass. I took pictures of it before I tore it out. I can sent them to you if you're interested. - Terry

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126071

I'm about to tear into a 14' Starfire. It needs transom and floor. Surprisingly, the gel coat seems to be in decent condition. Boat is currently in storage awaiting my schedule to begin to repair. Looking like this Winter if all goes well. I'm also missing the windshield. Not sure if this has ever had one on it.

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126072

I'm about to tear into a 14' Starfire. It needs transom and floor. Surprisingly, the gel coat seems to be in decent condition. Boat is currently in storage awaiting my schedule to begin to repair. Looking like this Winter if all goes well. I'm also missing the windshield. Not sure if this has ever had one on it.

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126077

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
That would be great, thanks. The pics would be a big help. I haven't got it yet but hope to. This one is actually missing most of the floor and who knows what.

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126244

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Paul wrote:

That would be great, thanks. The pics would be a big help. I haven't got it yet but hope to. This one is actually missing most of the floor and who knows what.

So, did ya get it? We need pics if you did. :laugh:

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126293

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Not yet. I'm waiting for a phone call back from him. He had to check with the co-owner to see if it was alright to get rid of it. This boat will be a labor of love. I've never tackled anything like this before. If I can get it cheap enough (not worth much in the condition it's in) I'll go get it. I really wanted a Jet Star as I think they had a faster hull design. It will be in line with the other boat projects........Allison, Crestliner Voyager, Jetflite, G3, Jetstreak, Vagabond. They all need a restore and they've been put away in storage for a long time. Hoping to get at this stuff when I retire soon.

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126304

Here are some pictures of a local Anthony that was restored this Spring.
doc

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? Hey Doc 8 years 1 month ago #126310

Very nice Doc!! Is it yours??

When ya gonna visit us again here in Florida? I really had fun with you last time!

Here is a pic of Bill driving my G-3 the first test with the Merc 1000. Hit 55.2 mph. I was not allowed to drive that day as I had just got home from severe open heart surgery. I do drive it now!
It had a 650 when you were here.
Also a pic of Elizabeth's 1960 Glasspar Tacoma and matching 1960 40 hp boat anchor (lol). She bought this because the G-3 is too fast and scares her. Now she can putter around at WOT 28 mph!! Wow, told her she may get a speeding ticket from the Marine Patrol!!!!

Keep in touch,

Jim Savage
Crawfordville, Fl.
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126337

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Both are beautiful boats. Nice restores. What will the Anthony do with the 115 on it? Is it a Jetstar?

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126340

Jim,
Not my Anthony.
We hope to be able to fly that far again someday, but right now I get really sore after sitting very long in an airplane, and Mercury Momma is struggling with Fibromyalgia, rarely leaves the house anymore.

Paul,
I don't recall what his speed was. (I wasn't present when he launched for the first time in July)
He didn't have much of a prop, and is on the hunt for the right prop.
I think he is considering a 24" "high five" (five blade stainless).
It is an Anthony Jet-Cat, bigger than a Jet-Star.
I have attached (3) pictures of the bottom of the Jet-Cat, and one picture of a Jet-Star.
The Jet-Star might be for sale. It is located in western Washington State. 98548
doc
Attachments:

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126341

Doc, good to hear from you. Give the wife our regards and keep in touch.

Here is a picture of Wehunts latest purchase!!! Also, did you know he sold out here and bought a place on Island lake near Vernon?

Jim Savage
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126350

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the pics. Sorry about the health problems you and your wife are having. Here is a youtube clip from Dr Wallach on fibromyalgia if your wife is interested. His practices have helped me with a different problem.

Too bad the Jetstar is on the wrong side of the country,... again! The Jetcat is a 16 footer correct?

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126448

Paul,
Here is a link to a bunch of the pictures taken during the Jet-Cat rebuild. I 'think' you are right that it is 16ft long.
There are original brochures included in these pictures.

1drv.ms/f/s!ApV1u43Yo8bA9EQNCcyrsCqcGNPk

Paul,
I will watch the video with Mercury Momma. Thanks for the kind words. I'll pass them along to my wifey pooh.

Jim,
I knew the Wehunts moved to Island Lake, but I had not heard or seen pictures of his latest hot-rod. Pretty cool.
doc Frankenmerc

Re:Any Old Anthony Guys Out There? 8 years 1 month ago #126457

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for the link to the pics. Lots of work but it sure paid off to have one beautiful boat. The wefco chart will be helpful also. My biggest worry besides the ripped off transom on this 14 footer is the aluminum molding strip missing and how I'd replace that. He still hasn't called me back yet anyway. We'll see what happens. Thanks again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online