• Page:

TOPIC: Tomahawk National Antique Outboard Show today-Sat

Tomahawk National Antique Outboard Show today-Sat 8 years 2 months ago #125155

• Dr.Go!
  • Dr.Go!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Not sure if I have the official name correct, so sorry if not. I will be there Thursday with my shopping list of parts I need for rigging up my restoration. Last year I found 2 matching cleats and matching steering wheel for my 1958 Wilson and I was jumping for joy. Never thought I would find that wheel. There is everything there...show motors and boats...running boats, motors, boats and parts for sale and some great people that can be very helpful when trying to go the next step in your restoration. Can't wait! If you are near Tomahawk, Wi...stop in at Sara Park right on the water! ...or make plans to go next year. You might even get to see a Quincy looper with its 6 pipe horns running at the dock...you won't forget that experience.
August 3, 4, 5, and 6th
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!

Re:Tomahawk National Antique Outboard Show today-Sat 8 years 2 months ago #125157

Wish I could attend. But it's always takes place at the same time as another event I attend.

I am looking for the fake exhaust port thingies on a 1958 Johnson 50 HP outboard motor hood. Two are missing on the motor I have and one is cracked.

If anyone finds any, grab 'em for me. Let me know by text or telephone (below)

Andreas
612-723-8581

Re:Tomahawk National Antique Outboard Show today-Sat 8 years 2 months ago #125166

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I attended for my first time last year. It's a great meet. I was unable to attend this year though and really miss it. Met some great people! I tent camped Tues through Sunday.

Re:Tomahawk National Antique Outboard Show today-Sat 8 years 2 months ago #125177

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Andreas - I will keep my eyes open and text if I find them. I was originally going Thursday, but now work dictates a change to Friday...I need parts too, so I do not want to miss this event.

I used to know where 2 motors sat on boats with trailers when I used to travel the state years back. One was north of Wausau...I should check again.

Bright side is that Friday should be 10 degrees cooler :)

Dr.Go!

Re:Tomahawk National Antique Outboard Show today-Sat 8 years 2 months ago #125337

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ended up going to the Tomahawk National show Friday.

Shout out to John McCintosh for hooking me up with some great Merc Decals, a compression tester, a factory pull handle for my 20, and 3 new drain plugs. Great guy and has just the right stuff. Enjoying my Merc shirt and sweatshirt from him from last year - Thanks John!

www.johnsmcintoshvintagemercuryoutboard.com/Decals.html

also found some Merc Phantom Black paint, a 12 gallon under-deck gas tank (awesome find!), and a complete working Power Tilt/Trim unit I will play around with (also an awesome find).

Ran into Gene and family - great to see him and his Shell Lake Rig! Hope you found a battery or jump pack.

Andreas - I looked for your Chrome rings for that fat fifty with no luck. I think I need to go for 2 days next year since often some venders come and go on different days due to their own schedules.

It was great to see and hear the race boats run!! And as always, the boat and motor show display is always great. Good time and great place to go. I love finding those small parts to replace missing or broken parts...the show and swap has helped me for the past 3 years. It also is a great place for expert advice and great ideas.

Bill - really sorry I missed you by going a day late. Hope you had a great show in Madison. Catch up to talk later.
Mark

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle