Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Picked up an MFG Glassic

Picked up an MFG Glassic 8 years 2 months ago #124742

A couple of weeks back I spotted this boat at a customers home sitting on a stub of driveway looking very forlorn. After completing our business I asked about it and sure enough he wanted to part with it. There was no motor on the boat but he had a modern Merc that was available. I said he could keep the motor but I would be interested in the trailer and boat so a deal was made and it was mine. Last week after taking the trailer hubs home for a complete overhaul (1 bearing was seized to the shaft) I returned to pick it up. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the boat,at this point, but it definitely needs to be put on a different trailer and have a good clean up. The boat is a Niagara custom with the Sun & Fun seating Here's some pics:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Picked up an MFG Glassic 8 years 2 months ago #124763

Nice boat. One of the lapstrake ones. Very cool.

Frank

Re:Picked up an MFG Glassic 8 years 2 months ago #124773

Nice 1965 Niagara! Having the Sun 'n Fun seats in such good shape is rare.

Check the transom carefully - it looks like it may be rotted out. Also check for any water under the floor - make sure the foam is not saturated with water. Transom is not too bad to fix - the motor well just bolts off and on for access. See the following for one way to fix it, if needed:

forums.fiberglassics.com/mfg/

Otherwise, clean it up and put a motor on it. It looks like the floor and lower part of inside the hull has been repainted at some point in blue. They came with splatter paint inside, all the way to the floor, and the floor in beige fiberglass.

The hull and deck look quite good from the pictures.

The interior storage cubicles and ski racks have wood-tone contact paper, that often deteriorates with age. Some people just remove it - others try to patch it up.

Let us know what you decide to do with it.

I plan to keep my Niagara forever. They are great little boats!

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online