Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't Say Thanks Enough !

Can't Say Thanks Enough ! 8 years 2 months ago #124633

Thanks to you guys I got my old Evinrude running again and she purrs :). We launch in 3 weeks so I've got that long to tweak a few things and then we're joining a 1980 Crestliner for a shakedown cruise on Lake Erie. I've still got trailer work to do and one of the stereo speakers (?!) is blown. Time to upgrade the sound system. The previous owner built the rear seat like a boom box ! It'll be funny to slap on some old Deep Purple and cruise past the young folks. Everything I had to do on this motor and on my other project (1960 Glaspar G-3) I learned since joining this fantastic boating community. Once we are sure of everything this old girl can run around Lake Erie all day. I say around because I'm no longer brash enough to think the weather will be nice all the way across. Erie has an attitude all it's own and as it's pretty much all about 30 feet deep except for a few holes it changes moods faster than my Wife. I never said that by the way :) From Mark and Sue we say thank you all and safe boating.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Can't Say Thanks Enough ! 8 years 2 months ago #124651

Water in lake Erie has been pretty rough , windy every day of the week . Winds so strong its even rough in the river . Will try to launch at Black Creek today for a quick test run before going North.

Re:Can't Say Thanks Enough ! 8 years 2 months ago #124652

Black Creek is where I learned how to waterski. I grew up in Chippawa. That little marina about a quarter mile from there heading towards Fort Erie is where I caught my last Musky. I love the river and even cruising up Black Creek for the 3 or 4 miles you could was a nice day. That was many moons ago and I hear they've done a lot of building there. Is the old corner store you could dock in front of and ice cream shop still there ? Anytime you want an enclosed waterway to play on try the Welland River (Chippawa Creek) Once you go past the SECOND bridge there's no speed limit. Just head towards the Falls and stay close to the Canadian side and you'll see the breakwall entrance. There's a marina down there with a fuel pump and a restaurant too. Lots of decent bars along the water and places to dock and walk. Ever been ?

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle